Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mammajamma

Good Eternity wads?

So a couple hours ago I decided to try out Eternity. I must say, I'm pretty impressed. Are there any good wads that utilize Eternity features?

Also, another question. Why is there no "infinitely tall actors" option? I'm using r891.

I think it's a comp flag called "disable 3d object clipping". Turn it on to get "infinitely tall monsters" back.

Thanks, but I wanted to turn it off. I had a bit of trouble in MAP01 because an imp was standing right next to the switch ledge/lift, and was blocking my way despite me being at least at three times a higher spot than the imp.

mammajamma said:

So a couple hours ago I decided to try out Eternity. I must say, I'm pretty impressed. Are there any good wads that utilize Eternity features?

As far as I know, other than small demo or joke levels, there are only two Eternity-specific mods available: Ogro Power Facility and Der Kerker.

Too bad we can't search the idgames archive by "advanced engine needed". Searching the whole textfile gives a lot of false positives like "condemned for all eternity! Bwahahah!" or references to the serenity/eternity/infinity wad trilogy.

Other Eternity-specific stuff I've found on the archive:
* Beta Lost Soul (resource)
* SWAD Pack 1 and 2 (weapon replacement)
* DSV 4: The Revolution - Eternity Version (but there are ZDoom and Legacy versions of the same mod as well, so don't expect it to be a showcase of unique features)
* Caverns of Darkness (actually uses a custom engine, but they claim that it would work with Eternity once that engine would be available... And also, there's a ZDoom patch for it.)