Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pcorf

Pcorf community project (fun and easy going)

Hey,
How's this wad? I think it's a bit short, but I've sort of run out of ideas... It's a spaceship, so it's full of tight spots, and it has crashlanded, so some things don't work...
Find your way out of the wreck and go to the spaceport (blaah!). Yeah, I tried to include some sort of storyline in the gameplay, but apparently I ain't no storyteller :)

[file removed by poster]

Any input is appreciated.

aaglo said:

Hey,
How's this wad? I think it's a bit short, but I've sort of run out of ideas... It's a spaceship, so it's full of tight spots, and it has crashlanded, so some things don't work...
Find your way out of the wreck and go to the spaceport (blaah!). Yeah, I tried to include some sort of storyline in the gameplay, but apparently I ain't no storyteller :)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/2zmmj2wmdck/Wrecked_v1.zip

Thats fine if you run out of ideas. I have received 9 maps in 3 weeks is quite impressive.

Now, the only categories this map currently fits into is the Stock Doom 2 textures and Limit Removing bit. It's a prototype I threw together in a few hours just for fun, and I've decided to see if you'd like to see me expand on it.

One thing I'm definitely going to do is add 3-d bridges between the islands, so the players knows what areas he can cross at and what areas will have him fall to his death.

I just like the idea of fighting through rocky islands floating in the void. Because it's a very non-standard style, I made it fit the MAP31 slot, and I plan to include an exit to MAP32 if you make the final megawad work that way.

http://www.speedyshare.com/656574712.html

aaglo said:

Hey,

I Just played it yesterday and I like it, a bit cramp in most of the map but that's okay. However I did find a couple of bugs while I was checking it out with no monsters although by now you might know about em already.

To Abyssal: I've also tried yours and I like the whole "island to island" concept so I look forward to seeing the rest of your map :)

Buried Eons by jerrysheppy:
---------------------------------
A large and very creative level with some intense battles. There are a few texture related bugs in this map but I'll take care of them. Some of the texture usage in this map is fantastic and as I said before very creative.

Liquid Facility by Philnemba:
A classic style base level similar to MAP02 of Doom2 that is not too hard. But it has a few bugs such as door tracks (each side of a door) not been lower unpegged. I'll fix these problems when I get time. This will probably go into the MAP02 or MAP03 slot. A much better effort this time Phil. Good work.

whats the policy on the special maps (07, 15, 30, 31, 32)

The one I'm working out currently doesn't fit any of those, but its a topic worth mentioning.

Philnemba said:

I Just played it yesterday and I like it, a bit cramp in most of the map but that's okay. However I did find a couple of bugs while I was checking it out with no monsters although by now you might know about em already.

[images removed]

Those are weird... I don't have those bugs. With gzdoom. Could it be a sourceport related issue - which one are you using?

I've added special slots for people who would like to work on a MAP07, MAP15, MAP30, and MAp31.

Hi. I would like to contribute a map. I have a question about map progression and if maps will be adapted to have a progressive weapon distribution. For example my map could be spoiled if the player starts out with a BFG and 600 cells, or I might spoil the map after mine.

aaglo said:

Those are weird... I don't have those bugs. With gzdoom. Could it be a sourceport related issue - which one are you using?

I was using Skulltag.

Edit: I discover the problem, apparently the bugs only show on software mode but seems find on openGL.

DoomsdayRooster said:

Hi. I would like to contribute a map. I have a question about map progression and if maps will be adapted to have a progressive weapon distribution. For example my map could be spoiled if the player starts out with a BFG and 600 cells, or I might spoil the map after mine.

to fix these types of problems we could just have exits that kill you or something.

pcorf said:

Buried Eons by jerrysheppy:
A large and very creative level with some intense battles. There are a few texture related bugs in this map but I'll take care of them. Some of the texture usage in this map is fantastic and as I said before very creative.

Well, thank you for the kind words. :) If by 'bugs' you mean misalignments, I just checked and noticed a few that I'd missed on what I'd thought was a comprehensive texture-fixing/detailing pass that I did before sending it to you, things like the columns in the start room and vertical misalignments on the green brick walls in the Hell Knight rooms near the start. I certainly have no problems with you fixing those, or if you like I could fix them myself and send you a new version.

jerrysheppy said:

Well, thank you for the kind words. :) If by 'bugs' you mean misalignments, I just checked and noticed a few that I'd missed on what I'd thought was a comprehensive texture-fixing/detailing pass that I did before sending it to you, things like the columns in the start room and vertical misalignments on the green brick walls in the Hell Knight rooms near the start. I certainly have no problems with you fixing those, or if you like I could fix them myself and send you a new version.

That would be greatly appreciated if you could fix those problems such as the marble room (Sector #819, 820, etc) with the textures that sink into the floor because that does not look pretty at all. What I would do is have a different lighting level behind the MARBLE1 sections so they wouldn't sink into the floor so I could still fix it.

For example sectors A and B are the same lighting level. If you change the light level of sector A (behind the MARBLE1 wall) that nasty effect of the texture sinking into the floor disappears.

-----|--|---------------
| |
|A | B
-----|--|---------------

Philnemba said:

To Abyssal: I've also tried yours and I like the whole "island to island" concept so I look forward to seeing the rest of your map :)

Thanks. (Un)fortunately, I'm participating in Nanowrimo this year, so I will make very little progress until December.

pcorf said:

That would be greatly appreciated if you could fix those problems such as the marble room (Sector #819, 820, etc) with the textures that sink into the floor because that does not look pretty at all. What I would do is have a different lighting level behind the MARBLE1 sections so they wouldn't sink into the floor so I could still fix it.

For example sectors A and B are the same lighting level. If you change the light level of sector A (behind the MARBLE1 wall) that nasty effect of the texture sinking into the floor disappears.

-----|--|---------------
| |
|A | B
-----|--|---------------

I have to facepalm here, because what happened here was that I had been using ZDoom/GZDoom to test my level (I just use them for everything, even vanilla wads) and that particular graphic bug doesn't show up in them. When I tried my level using PrBoom, of course, I saw immediately what you were referring to. I've implemented the fix you suggested and that seems to have corrected it.

I'm also going to realign the textures I mentioned in my earlier post before I send you an updated version. Anything else I should fix?

jerrysheppy said:

I have to facepalm here, because what happened here was that I had been using ZDoom/GZDoom to test my level (I just use them for everything, even vanilla wads) and that particular graphic bug doesn't show up in them. When I tried my level using PrBoom, of course, I saw immediately what you were referring to. I've implemented the fix you suggested and that seems to have corrected it.

I'm also going to realign the textures I mentioned in my earlier post before I send you an updated version. Anything else I should fix?

Ahh. I think the rest of the map is very good and quite surreal in some aspects. I liked that circular rock2 and marble room too.

pcorf said:

Liquid Facility by Philnemba:
A classic style base level similar to MAP02 of Doom2 that is not too hard. But it has a few bugs such as door tracks (each side of a door) not been lower unpegged. I'll fix these problems when I get time. This will probably go into the MAP02 or MAP03 slot. A much better effort this time Phil. Good work.

Thank you Paul, I think it came out better than what was originally intended. It was originally intended to be a hanger style map but I scrapped that idea, change/add some rooms, some extesive testing, and BAM this was the result.

walter confalonieri said:

1. I take this wad: http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=15807
2. Turn it to Doom 2
3. Clean some boom features
4. Upload when i finished
5. NO PROFIT!!!!1!1

What do you think about this great plan?

I will not accept levels that have already been released to the archives.

It has to be an original level from scratch.

pcorf said:

I will not accept levels that have already been released to the archives.

It has to be an original level from scratch.

Wait didn't you already let Captain Toenail Submit a map to you that was originally in the archives?

Captain Toenail said:

Can I submit this? It was going to be the first or second level of my megawad which I never finished - I'm willing to work on it and expand the map and add new areas if you want?

Granite Base

Your reply was:

pcorf said:

Go ahead and do what you feel like doing to it. So feel free to expand it and add new areas. Make it as good as your abilities allow you to.

lol Seems I found a "loophole" here. Wouldn't be fair if you just let
walter expand and improve his map? Although then again it would be better if he made a new map from scratch.

ok...

EDIT: I send already the map to pcorf, whatever next time i'll create somenthing new...

@Philemba: You are right.

I have received 2 more maps

At hell's gate X by Walter "Daimon" Confalonieri: A nice level. Very much like WOS MAP26, quite hellish. Tough, puzzling.

Shipwreck by aaglo: a little bit cramped but otherwise good. Lots and lots of detail. I think the music from Icarus.wad map01 will fit in quite nicely here but I'm not sure if TeamTNT would like it without my permission.

I will eventually come up with a name for this wad of course.

Total amount of maps submitted: 11

walter confalonieri said:

ok...

EDIT: I send already the map to pcorf, whatever next time i'll create somenthing new...

@Philemba: You are right.

Actually I will include your map in the project. And yeah, it will be nice if you could make something new next time but its your decision.

Hey Paul may I take the map07 slot cause my mind been brewing some ideas for a Dead Simple style map.

pcorf said:

Actually I will include your map in the project. And yeah, it will be nice if you could make something new next time but its your decision.

not even do it on purpose, this is a "from scratch idea" map barely inspired upon all that russian 32 grid map stuff...

Looking very good guys. Keep up the good work. Now I'm off to work.