Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

bad games

if it is one thing i hate, its badly made games. here is my list of terrible games, almost terrible close calls, and terrible errors left in.
first, i have to say an older game called "nomad soul" saddly it had a good story and for the most parts the levels where great as where people. it all had to do with bugs and bad uses of the game. the game had some very nasty bugs. hell it crashed for me almost every time. also while playing there where animation/movement bugs. jumping was horrible and you swam like you was in think oil. the final blow is the 1st person shooter sections. the engine was true 3d but look up/down was limited and slow. movement was slow and crashes common.

second has to be duke4ever, it may not be out but if it is ever out it is gonna suck. i mean it is so horribly late. and they ran out of money. come on either show us what u got or quite.

third, quake3. it was just imcomplete at its release. no single player. and too little of the game by itself. the only thing good was the eyecandy. unreal tournament is far better. it came with more, single player is fun, more built in mods and smooth action.

now for some almost flopps.
half-life, i never heard of it until i saw it in a store. this lack of light before its release may have saved it. it had a similar fate to duke4ever and daikatana. it was behind and was scrapped halfway threw production. however it made its way thre with a very face kicking, eye banging, buttblasting bang

bad buggs
32x doom, come on a much better job could have been done. hell look what the SNES doom crew had to work with but the pulled it off. also my only 2 beefs with GBA doom is that its based off mostly all 32x levels and they cut out blood. first off they could have based levels off the original doom(PC) instead of the pice of shit port. also blood could have been left in. i mean they got other mature games. hope they do doom2 and do it better

final fantasy VII, has some neat bugs for the PSX port. 2 come to mind, 1st in the start aeris finds a sick man and says "this guy are sick" also one of barrets limits was miss spelled, it should be "angermax" but says "ungermax". there are a few more but i cant remeber if they are PC bugs or PSX bugs

FFVIII: Those arent bugs, thats just horrible translations. Reason #284 why I don't like consoles.

As for badly made games, any of those old 3d D&D would qulify. They were boring as Hell. It would have been better if they used a Final Fantasy-style engine. D&D games never were good until Baldur's Gate.

if it is one thing i hate, its badly made games.

if is there one thing i hate, it sterrible grammar.

second has to be duke4ever,

Hold your tongue, wench. It will come out and it will kick ass.

third, quake3.

Quake 3 was no more incomplete than Quake 2, Quake or Doom 2. id has a pretty good running history of halfassing games at this point.

half-life,

I don't know how a company like Valve could make a game as good as Half-Life (Game of the Year Edition) BUT THEN drive it straight into the pavement at 400mph, even making mandatory patches over 100mb full of shit that should be OPTIONAL. I don't want 95mb of TFC levels, Godammit, I hate TFC. Plus, all these things they're doing to make the Counter-Strike people happy are DAMAGING the real game. Start it up. Lots of the animations and scripted things are goofy now.

32x doom,

Wasn't as bad as the 3DO port but it's pretty fucking terrible nonetheless. The GBA Doom didn't have the 4th Episode, notice? Because it's not Doom 1.9, it's an earlier version that ran faster. They also based it from Jaguar Doom because the code was already updated so they didn't have to port it from scratch.

Using the super-fast ZDoom core as a reference would've been a good idea IMO.

final fantasy VII,

What about the bug where it takes 10 hours to master a single Materia, even the first one they give you in the game? Oh wait, that was intentional, and 10x as fucking stupid as any grammatical mistake.

if it is one thing i hate, its badly made games.

if is there one thing i hate, it sterrible grammar.

Yeah, you seem to despise it :)

Well my friend has decided that Half Life is such a great awesome tubular rockin game that he had to lend me his copy, and, it goes without saying I hate it so far. I told him what level I'm at and he told me I was about 35% through the game, so I'll finish it and post my review here when I'm done.

The game, literally, gives me headaches.

It's terrible.

its terrible

it sterrible

Jesus Christ, how often do I type like that? I thought you people would be able to piece together the sarcasm but I was obviously mistaken.

D&D games never were good until Baldur's Gate.

D&D period was never good until Baldur's Gate, IMHO.

Sheesh D[nocaps]eadnail, you should know by now...you could come on to post that there were Al-qaeda missiles on the way, everyone had 3 minutes to live, and some asshole (ok probably me) would post

It's Al-Qaeda

:)

Hah, those aren't BAD games. In fact, some of them are good and others just mediocre. Ever tried to play Lords of Magic without a patch? How about Anarchy Online? or WW2O? Pax Imperia and it's übergay real-time mode? Mortyr?

And there are far worse, only that I've never seen them except in the shelves, with their craptastic boxes and eye-bursting shots on the back, not to mention the absurd and/or laughable "features".

Anachronox was a great game that was killed by a fuckton of bugs. It's pretty obvious that Eidos had the thing rushed out the door as soon as it was halfway presentable. Given a chance, Ion Storm could have fixed most of the bugs, fleshed out and finished the story properly, and made the file system a little cleaner. (My anox directory is a mess. Every model, map, and mp3 in the game is sitting inthere with no attempt to compress and clean them up. And it installed that way.)

Well my friend has decided that Half Life is such a great awesome tubular rockin game that he had to lend me his copy

funny, i had a friend do me that "favor" too. ugh. people seem to eother love half life or hate it. i'm on the "hate it" side of the fence.

Go figure, I'm in the middle. I'm the guy that had fun with Half-Life but never really understood how it became so ridiculously famous.

Well my friend has decided that Half Life is such a great awesome tubular rockin game that he had to lend me his copy

funny, i had a friend do me that "favor" too. ugh. people seem to eother love half life or hate it. i'm on the "hate it" side of the fence.

I could go on and on about the gaping flaws in the flow and gameplay in just the first 5 or 6 levels right now but I'm going to force myself through it before I tell him that how incredibly fucking much it sucks. I'll give MP a shot too, but I'm sure it's nowhere near as fufilling as Doom 2 DM (sans Dwango5.wad of course).

I'm going to force myself through it before I tell him that how incredibly fucking much it sucks.

that's more than i did, it went back to my friend before too long.

About FFVII. You're complaining about 2 mistranslations (typos?) in a game with a HUGE amount of text and storyline? I'd say that is a very small amount of error.

And materia mastering is not all that hard if you're a dedicated FF player. When I was playing the game every char in my team had final attack/phoenix at master level and also sneak attack/Knights of the round. Also one of each type of Master materia (the ones which enables all spells/all summons/all commands. You need to master EVERY type of materia of one color to get one of these.). That save file had played the game for about 75 hours in all. All my chars weren't even at level 99 at this time.

There's one bug in the game though which allows you to duplicate any item you can use during battle. But you can't exploit it until late cd 3/cd 4. And then who cares about a few megalixirs when you have final attack/phoenix to auto-revive the whole party when someone dies (And the chance of dying with sneak attack/knights of the round is slim to say the least as even the final boss goes down before he can do anything at all).

</fanatical defending of FF>

No game is worse than Goldeneye. Period. There's nothing good about that peice of horse sh*t and for some reason everyone liked it.

Geez... Doom's more advanced than Goldeneye and they called it revolutionary? Huh, how was multiplayer fun? Boring weapons, no run, slow as molasses. Don't know why people were playing frikken Goldeneye when Duke 64 was out months earlier, with one of the best multiplayer experiences ever to grace a console. Exploding shotgun shells + holoduke = fun! :)

Now Goldeneye, a game with no gravity, invisible walls, no run (without cheating), no jump, and terrible gameplay is the worst game alive.

And the worst part is that it was made by Rare, whose other games are kick-ass. Battletoads, Killer Instinct, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Cruisin' USA. Then you have a piece of sh*t called Goldeneye and then Perfect Dark. God, save us all.

I actually considered doing an anti-Goldeneye website.

Well, I can't say I hate the game. Can't say I love it, so that makes me a medium.

I like the sounds and, to an extent, fighting the human grunts. I also kinda like the realism.

I HATE some of the later monsters, I HATE the NPCs and above all: I HATE the puzzle-solving in the game!
I play FPSs to vent my anger on computer-animated enemies, not waste time THINKING about how to get out of the place I'm in!!!
Nothing pisses me off like clearing out a section and then I do nothing but rushing back and forth in confusion, trying to figure out what 'smart-arse' trick allows me to proceed to the next short battle.....and when I finally solve the problem, I RUN INTO ANOTHER DIFFICULT PUZZLE!

Half-Life is only fun when you get to kill something...ALONE!

am i the only one who like Xen level?i got sicked of those black-Mesa level and those grunts.the puzzle in HL is not haerd,i think the puzzle in Hexen 1/2 are more bad-ass.

Daikatana rocks!

(although I probably should beat at least the first level of it before I say that)

But seriously, it even has some sort of auto-aim, the lack of which was the one thing that made Quake 3 unfun.

But the horrible save-gem system... Is there a cheat code to give me save gems?

I'll look somewhere.

No game is worse than Goldeneye. Period. There's nothing good about that peice of horse sh*t and for some reason everyone liked it.

Agreed. The most fucking ridiculous wall damage mine poor eyes ever had to tolerate. All my retarded friend went mad on playing 4-way on teh N64. I sat there doing my fucking nut whilst every 2.3 seconds or less Ba-da, da daaaa rang out when one of the anal crestations got himself killed.

Elbryan: What are you thinking? Goldeneye007 kicks all kinds of ass.