Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Qdelta

Doom Facebook quiz

Lol, I completely acknowledge how tacky, lame and ridiculous this is... but I've made the unofficial Doom Facebook quiz!

http://apps.facebook.com/whichdo-daop/

Essentially which classic Doom enemy are you... It's hard to think up Questions and answers, so it's kinda random, but it is really cool, all the bad guys are there, and I spent a lot of time writing the descriptions. It's kind of awesome if you're a Doom fan as well as a Facebook whore it makes your wall look extra edgy **

Qdelta said:

Because you have no friends?

Because I don't want to call "friends" people I know so barely I'd only keep in touch with them via some subpar website that is probably ad-ridden.

I'm no GreyGhost, but that's my reason anyway. I mean, when I really want to completely waste my time I can just go to video game forums and make fun of ackward troll attempts, it beats social networking any day.

Phml said:

Because I don't want to call "friends" people I know so barely I'd only keep in touch with them via some subpar website that is probably ad-ridden.

I'm no GreyGhost, but that's my reason anyway. I mean, when I really want to completely waste my time I can just go to video game forums and make fun of ackward troll attempts, it beats social networking any day.

Yeah, so pretty much you have no friends.

I love the whole concept that people who don't use beMyTwitterFace automatically have no friends. I would have thought that was the main reason people DID.

God these questions are awful. I can already tell I'm probably a Shotgun guy or a Demon by the answers I gave. But facebook froze up at the point where it told me to request people to take the quiz. I don't really have any die-hard doom fans for friends and the skip button wasn't doing anything. :(

I'll retake it though.

Oh yeah, I originally thought it was a genuine quiz - not a "what monster are you". Anyway, I think it had very little to do with the answers I gave...

aaglo said:

Oh yeah, I originally thought it was a genuine quiz - not a "what monster are you". Anyway, I think it had very little to do with the answers I gave...

Well, like I said, it's just for a bit of fun, mostly the answers have nothing to do with the monsters... it's just like... to look cool on your wall, not accurate in any way shape or form... lulz... you guys take it too seriously

Facebook quizzes are becoming hard to parody. There is no mock-quiz one could create that can match the stupidity of thousands made with full sincerity.

Hey, that rhymes!

Qdelta said:

Friendship != participating in stupid "what animal cry onomatopoeia are you?" or "what steak doneness are you?" quizzes.

I'm a Pinky Demon.

You should have posted this on the Facebook Doomworld Group's wall though. That way you definitely reach your target audience.

Qdelta said:

Damn - my secret is out. I was saving that one for the confessions thread. :P

Don't like sites where you have to register to see anything more than the home page.

...thus making this the 8340923th "unofficial Doom quiz" on Facebook. :P

I actually made a Doom quiz sometime last year...though it was more a conventional knowledge-type quiz than one of these. And it was too difficult for the normal people I'm friends with.

If I hadn't had a Facebook account for my job I'd gladly have passed. Now that I've taken the test I still with I'd have passed. This is just stupid.

But well, that's Facebook. Ever wonder in the future if you don't get a new job anymore? Then remember the private crap you posted on such sites. Companies are actually reading this stuff and basing their hiring decisions on them.

Thus it annoys me to no end that my current employer requires each employee to have a Facebook account. But I'll deliberately keep mine empty with no information whatsoever in it.

Graf Zahl said:

Thus it annoys me to no end that my current employer requires each employee to have a Facebook account.

What? How can you possibly justify that?

We are working on a software that interacts with Facebook and the reasoning, albeit bullshit, is that without a FB account we can't work on it.