Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
sleepy_boy

The O£¥mpi¢$

I forgot they started. Haven't been watching, don't care to. I may read an article on them once they're over.

well, I'm nmormally pretty anti-olympics, but I have to say some of the skiing has been quite fun, I like that Moguls shit, that ownz the other skiing. I still think Curling is the gayest thing ever, though.

Oh, yeah, I got a buzz out of the women's luge, that was pretty cool to watch whilst listening to huge dance anthems...

I only watched a little bit on tuesday between commercials of the practice because I was hoping that the alert would mean something and a plan would crash into salt lake city or something.

Don't take it personally or anything; I was just bored :)

I watched women's speed skating finals yesterday. Team Canada has weird body-heat suits that look like costumes from a Tool video. Oh yeah, we got the gold medal.

SUPER FUN TIME HAPPY FACT:

You know those super fast goddamn dumbass ski jumps? Guess how high they get off the ground. 20ft? 40ft? 60ft? 15m? Ha, hardly ever more than 12ft (a little over 4m).

Ya know why? Sure, they're flying through the air like a bat that's been raped with a bottle rocket, but they're also plummeting downwards... and so is the slope.

So I guess you wouldn't mind getting tossed 400 ft through the air, 12 ft over the ground? Doesn't sound too pleasant to me.

Haven't watched any of it - I'm usually pretty close to falling asleep when I watch it.

SUPER FUN TIME HAPPY FACT:

You know those super fast goddamn dumbass ski jumps? Guess how high they get off the ground. 20ft? 40ft? 60ft? 15m? Ha, hardly ever more than 12ft (a little over 4m).

Ya know why? Sure, they're flying through the air like a bat that's been raped with a bottle rocket, but they're also plummeting downwards... and so is the slope.

Come to my town,home of the '88 olympics...see the fucking huge ski jumps...then take back what you just said.

seen winter olympic for first time.quite enjoyed it.but a bit lacks of team sport.X-game sport like moglu or snowboard jump is kinada cool.see them and realize that how damn good they are.

mmm US beat Japan in man's speed skate.well that gold meadalist got very good time in his first round.too bad for japanese..

So I guess you wouldn't mind getting tossed 400 ft through the air, 12 ft over the ground? Doesn't sound too pleasant to me.

Heh, sounds fun, but I'd sooner go skydiving for thrills.

During the summer, they had this thing set up to train the ski trick-jumpers. No snow, so you have low friction plastic or something for the ramp and the jump, and a swimming pool for the landing zone. That looked like fun, although it's kinda wierd seeing someone in their ski boots and swimming trunks.

Different note: I took Japanese in high school, and the teacher showed us a bunch of lame "cultural" spots they taped for the Nagano games. Now that the games are in Salt Lake, I can just imagine some English student in Japan or somewhere having to watch a spot on Utah 'culture'... and the thought just scares the hell outta me.

Hey, I saw that summer ski jump thing on TV. You'd never get me on one of those.

what does everyone think of that Canadian judging scandal?

what does everyone think of that Canadian judging scandal?

I think it's a non-issue that'll be forgotten once something else crops up.

Heh, sounds fun, but I'd sooner go skydiving for thrills.

But you would have to leave your basement!

BTW, i used money symbols in the title of this thread because that's what the olympics are all about

also, every olympic athelete in SLC gets 6 condoms a day...

...think about that.

Different note: I took Japanese in high school, and the teacher showed us a bunch of lame "cultural" spots they taped for the Nagano games. Now that the games are in Salt Lake, I can just imagine some English student in Japan or somewhere having to watch a spot on Utah 'culture'... and the thought just scares the hell outta me.

i dunno about in the high school.from the media(TV),it only shows that Salt-lake is a religious city(recently i just saw the media about the condom-give away in this olympics and people who against it) are you afraid of what other people will think if those Utah'culture' are shown?there are always some kind of 'Culture' spot everywhere.evem it isn't showed.everyone know its existence.if it's shown,it doesn't mean that the overall city is bad place.

BTW, i used money symbols in the title of this thread because that's what the olympics are all about

Considering every modern Olympics on record has lost several million dollars...

also, every olympic athelete in SLC gets 6 condoms a day...

...think about that.

When would they get a chance to use them? There's a phrase that was coined by Lister from "Red Dwarf": "Deader than a Saturday night in Salt Lake City." Y'know, before I left SLC to go back to school, the city was doing its damndest to get rid of all the whores that had come into town for the games.

There are maybe three good nudie bars in the entire Salt Lake Valley, and all of them are under constant surveillance. And prostitutes are lucky if they're arrested before the Church shows up to "deal" with them.

Combined with the fact that you have to part the Great Salt Lake to get a decent drink, you pay an arm and a leg to get it, you'd be lynched if you got that booze anywhere near the U of U (home of the Olympic village, and legendary for their alchohol policy), and don't even dream about getting decent drugs, and I'm wondering why the athletes don't spend all their time in Wendover.

dark-tenshi: Utah has no culture. That's the problem. The state and it's people are so worried about what the rest of the world thinks of them, that they haven't done anything for the world to think about.

The English are crap at skiing, the only reason we watch the winter Olympics is to see French people get hurt.
The most accurate description of the winter Olympics I know is "38 different ways of sliding"

"38 different ways of sliding"

... Come to think of it, that's a really accurate way to put it. :)

I think the Canadian judging scandal is sorted

Canadian figure skaters to get gold medals, according to news agencies.

/edit/

The International Olympic Committee Friday afternoon awarded a gold medal to the Canadian figure-skating pair who initially won the silver in a hotly contested performance ruling Monday night.

The Russian skaters who had won the gold in that free-style pairs competition will still keep their medal.

The International Skating Union suspended one of the judges on the panel that scored the performance -- French figure skating judge Marie-Reine Le Gougne -- Ottavio Cinquanta, president of the ISU, said at a news conference Friday. He said the ISU had evidence of misconduct involving Le Gougne.

Come to my town,home of the '88 olympics...see the fucking huge ski jumps...then take back what you just said.

Vancouver?

Salt Lake City bribed the IOC millions....

So has every other city that ever tried for the Olympics. We just had a snitch in our organization. And the Japanese had set a very high precident in winning the Nagano games, something a bunch of semi-honest Americans couldn't compete with.

The English are crap at skiing, the only reason we watch the winter Olympics is to see French people get hurt.
The most accurate description of the winter Olympics I know is "38 different ways of sliding"

Whaddya got against "the Frogs"?

We offered kindly to donate them Calais
And all they gave us back was the bidet
And now they won't let us go on holiday
They bottle bath-water [or 7 Up] and call it Perrier
They eat poor froggie's legs then throw the rest away
They even like the look of Johnny Holliday
They eat raw garlic and invented croquet
They think the height of chic is John Paul Gautier
That's why I hate the French, mmm,
That's why I hate the French

They all wear berets and they're all called Jacques,
They even steal from us the words they lack
Le weekend, Le Camping and cul de sac
That's why I hate the French, oh,
That's why I hate the French.

They claim their films are the best we've ever had
Well I suppose Emmannuelle wasn't bad
All their songs sound more or less the same
La la la la la la la la.........je t'aime
Charles Aznavour is always so depressed
Wouldn't you be if oui oui meant yes?

Sacha Distel has raindrops falling on his head
I wonder if Jean Paul Sartre knows he is dead
What I resent is that they're so good in bed

They bake their bread in such a naughty shape
They brag about their wine and worship the grape
They criticise our food but then they eat crepe

And now they started coming here in droves
French cigarettes, French letters and French clothes
For breakfast they have croissant or French toast
And there's always some French letters in the post
I'm sick and tired of eating all this brie
A day trip to Boulougne is fine by me
And I'll be buggered if I go to gay Paris.

They're pretty cocky 'bout their games in the dark
They think with girls they light a special spark
But look what the bastards did to Joan of Arc
That's why I hate the French, mmm,

Vancouver?

DAMN YOU Prich!!!!!!

Here, fool!