Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vegeta

Any decybered Mancubus out there?

Is there any un cybereded Mancubus sprite set out there? Action DOOM has a single sprite without the arms, and in the old bestiary there was a fat imp if I remember correctly using a sprite from the Mancubus. But is there a full set of a Mancubus with "normal" arms?

It wouldn't be a "manc" anymore if it had normal arms. The "manc" part is shortened from the Latin word "mancus" literally means "maimed" or "deformed". So I guess an unmolested (so to speak) Mancubus would be just an Incubus or Succubus (whichever you think it is). :P

Semantics aside, I have no idea of any sprites that match what you're after. Wouldn't it be kind of a boring monster, though? I imagine it would be melee only since it wouldn't have the flamethrowers anymore.

Yes it was me... it has been more of a test than an actual project though.
Here's what I got so far:

If anyone wants to continue on it, go ahead!

How many partially-completed monsters do you have? I remember you also had a shambler and a Doom3 pinky...

Gez said:

How many partially-completed monsters do you have? I remember you also had a shambler and a Doom3 pinky...

Yeah, I have a ton of unfinished stuff :P
Some things I'm definitely going to finish at one point (Shambler and the new Cacolich for example), but most of them are not likely to be touched again.

@Vegeta:
Unfortunately, this is all I have done so far and I don't think I'll continue with it anytime soon if at all.

Nomad said:

It wouldn't be a "manc" anymore if it had normal arms. The "manc" part is shortened from the Latin word "mancus" literally means "maimed" or "deformed". So I guess an unmolested (so to speak) Mancubus would be just an Incubus or Succubus (whichever you think it is). :P

The Mancubus has like 6 tits and is a big fat blob. I think that could fall under maimed or deformed ;]

Vader said:

That is so FUCKING tempting, I just might work on it myself. Good fucking job man. I would love to use that in my own wads.

Nomad said:

It wouldn't be a "manc" anymore if it had normal arms. The "manc" part is shortened from the Latin word "mancus" literally means "maimed" or "deformed". So I guess an unmolested (so to speak) Mancubus would be just an Incubus or Succubus (whichever you think it is).

Oh, on reading this explanation I thought you were Gez. He likes doing this kind of posts.

From what I know, Mancubus isn't altered Succubus or Incubus. It's just human mutated by demonnic/monster genes. Coz it's name man-cubus, half demon, half human crossover breed.

GBT3 said:

half human crossover breed.

Yikes.

Vader said:

If anyone wants to continue on it, go ahead!

Wow what a difference without the heavy hardware.

Reminds me of Batman's Clayface:

POTGIESSER said:

Reminds me of Batman's Clayface

Gives me the impression that Vader's unfinished Mancubus monster should throw mud, using a recolored Baron of Hell's fireball projection would be perfect for that.

printz said:

Oh, on reading this explanation I thought you were Gez. He likes doing this kind of posts.

Heh. I was just echoing what was on the Doom Wiki anyway. He could have been the one that wrote it in the first place. :P

Vader said:

Outstanding work!
It's even scarier than the original version.

Ralphis said:

The Mancubus has like 6 tits and is a big fat blob. I think that could fall under maimed or deformed ;]

Agreed.

Philnemba said:

Gives me the impression that Vader's unfinished Mancubus monster should throw mud, using a recolored Baron of Hell's fireball projection would be perfect for that.

Actually yeah, plus if you wanted to start pulling Castlevania references, have it split into two smaller, weaker versions of itself after taking enough damage, which then split into even smaller versions. I'd probably opt to stop the chain there, mainly in the interests of system performance, after a rather ill-fated experiment...(Hint: Don't make Pain Elementals spawn more Pain Elementals on death!)

WildWeasel said:

Hint: Don't make Pain Elementals spawn more Pain Elementals on death!

Too late :-P Except they were Demons. Very impressive show though :D

Edit: Here's a relatively stable version (jump to map32 on skill 1, and kill what is in the place where the cyberdemon was). You can have some fun before it starts lagging.
http://www.gigasize.com/get.php?d=6bzj8qg900d
http://rapidshare.com/files/3049417...zerlol.WAD.html