Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What, in your opinions, are the scariest WADs out there? I'm looking for inspiration for my megaproject.

I've already played Ghouls Forest, and Happy Time Circus II. I'm trying to get Aliens to work, but the goddamn thing never loads properly.

scalliano said:

City Of The Damned 2. When that siren goes off, run!

Definitely. This thing was pure horror as I have never seen in a Doom map.

Happy time circus 1? It doesn't seem too bad until those gnawing pennywise faces rush at you out of nowhere.

Cutman said:

Happy time circus 1? It doesn't seem too bad until those gnawing pennywise faces rush at you out of nowhere.

I found HTC1 to be creepy at the start.

Then I got stuck (where is that yellow skull key anyway?), in the first area of all places. It turned from atmospheric to annoying very quickly.

I don't think I'll touch HTC2 if it's as convoluted as HTC1...

I've searched the entire map (or at least as much as the game would let me), and I've found no new horrors and no way to progress. I'm starting to wonder if a ZDoom update broke something about Happy Time Circus.

Just spoil me with a step-by-step walkthrough already, please. Being stuck forever in the first area is not my idea of fun or scary. Fucking Daedalus all over again...

So what's this SpaceDM5 thing anyway?

Edit: Never mind, I can't play it. It's deathmatch. The "DM" probably should've given that away.

Now I'm depressed... WHERE IS THAT DAMN YELLOW SKULL KEY?!?

Baby Bonnie Hood said:

I've searched the entire map (or at least as much as the game would let me), and I've found no new horrors and no way to progress. I'm starting to wonder if a ZDoom update broke something about Happy Time Circus.

Just spoil me with a step-by-step walkthrough already, please. Being stuck forever in the first area is not my idea of fun or scary. Fucking Daedalus all over again...

So what's this SpaceDM5 thing anyway?

What part are you stuck at?

Strangely enough, the first area of the circus. I thought it'd be straightforward, but I cannot find the yellow skull key anywhere. Did it pull a TNT Evilution MAP31 on me or what?

Baby Bonnie Hood said:

Strangely enough, the first area of the circus. I thought it'd be straightforward, but I cannot find the yellow skull key anywhere. Did it pull a TNT Evilution MAP31 on me or what?

OK, I took some screen shots for how to get the yellow key. You have to go in the building with the spikes on the roof, go to the 2nd floor of it, and jump across the gap - the below screenshot shows the player on the other side of the gap. A teleporter is shown in a blue line, it was the wrong type to use for the effect I was going for but it was my first zdoom wad so I didn't know what I was doing.

To gain access to this spiked building, you have to first go into the middle building, jump up the structures inside, and pull a switch located in a recessed area near the ceiling (just off screen of the below screenshot).

The yellow key is found at the western most part of the area you teleport to, show where the player is standing.