Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shaikoten

Southern New England DoomCon?

So with Hellbent's comment in some random thread about Big Y and a conversation with Rottking a couple days ago, I remembered that there are a fair amount of Doomers in the Southern New England area. (CT, MA, RI, etc.) So I was wondering if anyone was interested in a kind of LAN party sort of day event around here. I go to UCONN, and there are plenty of public places here we could utilize to bring a bunch of laptops together and Doom to our heart's content for a day or something. So if anyone would be interested in something like this, let me know. We could play some DM, coop, old games, etc. Could be a good time.

Thoughts, comments, etc?

There are Doomers here in southern new england? Gee, that's news to me.

To bad I'm still in high school, it eats up all of my time for most things of this nature... :(

Any doomer's here in R.I.? Or am I the only one?

we should move this thread to Doom General.

I just did a search of Craigslist to see if there were any doomers looking for activity partners :P

"Extremely experienced metal drummer looking to start a doom metal band
hudson valley craigslist > musicians."

Hudson Valley is basically my back yard. Very close to where I live. Too bad the posting expired.

Interesting. Closer to me than QuakeCon, but still too far away for me to attend(Pennsylvania). It'd be a good idea, though.

We could maybe hold it in NYC. Although problem with that would be ... where? But it would allow more people to have a chance to make the trip--plus, you know, NYC... any excuse to go is a good one.

Hellbent said:

We could maybe hold it in NYC. Although problem with that would be ... where? But it would allow more people to have a chance to make the trip--plus, you know, NYC... any excuse to go is a good one.

Yes, then I could attend!

I would definitely go. I live in Chelmsford, MA. A bit of a ride, but hopefully it won't be in some backwoods town.

You guys are always welcome up here!

I live in this shit-hole. I have access to a vehicle, but no license. Take it from me, don't drink and drive!

I've always wanted to go to some kind of DoomCon or other lan-party, though. I could take a train to NYC...

Storrs, where my campus is, is a funny town. On one hand it's very backwoods. We started out as an agricultural college and we still have "Horsebarn Hill," and the dairy bar attached to it. On the other hand, the venue I'd like to hold this in is four stories tall, long as hell, and houses a movie theater, several banquet halls, countless offices and classrooms, easily 5 lounges, a convenience store, a cafeteria, and a Blimpies, Panda Express, and Wendys. And really, what is a good con without immediate access to shitty fast food?

exp(x) said:

I would come if I didn't live over 2000 miles away.

I vote for another Seattle Doomcon.

i live in southern england... now i see that the thread title is southern NEW england, then no, i cant make it.

great idea though.

I live right next to the NH, MA border, so this would be doable for me. Seems like I should have gone to at least one Doom LAN before I die.

kristus said:

I vote for a first Gothenburg DoomCon. :p

I'll vote for it just because of the awesome city name there. :P

I vote for everyone who plays Chocolate Doom showing up Fraggle's house unexpectedly for ChocoCon.

exp(x) said:

I vote for everyone who plays Chocolate Doom showing up Fraggle's house unexpectedly for ChocoCon.

We'll TP his house with "chocolate" toilet paper.

exp(x) said:

Did you say Shaka Khan?

I go to UMass Lowell. We have McGauvern Hall, which is the site of many LANs and competitions and would fit perfectly for something like this.

If anyone wants me to set it up, I can gladly make arrangements.