Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kracov

looking to remake Doom: Fall of Mars

Hello all. So, i've contacted the author of Doom: Fall of Mars ( http://www.moddb.com/games/doom-fall-of-mars ), and he's given me permission to do a remake of it.

Basically, it's Doom, but in the world of Diablo 1. Meaning it's in isometric view and has items and an interface similar to Diablo 1. From the screenshots you can see that the resolution is small, too small actually. The game is also full of bugs. It was made with Game Maker 7, i believe. So essentially i'm looking for coders/scripters that are familiar with RPG Maker or Game Maker. I'll be doing the graphics.

You could even copy the scripts into the new game, but not everything. What we need to do is make a higher resolution of between 640x480 and 800x600. There are many bugs, for example the Shop vendor doesn't work at all, not even the Healer. Items stay on the ground, which is why it takes so long to save/load a 15mb save file.

There are tutorials for Game Maker, there is even a tutorial on making a FPS like Doom. http://www.yoyogames.com/make/tutorials

I have a lot of free time, so i'm very dedicated to making this game happen. Users at the Game Maker forum don't seem to be interested in my project, but i hope someone here will be interested.

As for my skills,I have done mods, levels, sprites, graphics, 3D models for Doom, Quake, Neverwinter Nights, RPG Maker, Diablo, etc.

If you reply saying you are interested, i'll PM you with my contact details. Thanks for reading.

Kracov, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

But seriously, do you have examples of your work?

i think they meant YOUR work, not someone else's.
if the only thing you are contributing to this project is artwork, without showing anyone that you are capable of creating game art because you didn't post any pictures of the models you said you've done, then you'll have a difficult time recruiting people to do everything else.

if i already knew how to code/script, why would i need to recruit anyone? coding/scripting is the hardest part of making games.

Kracov said:

if i already knew how to code/script, why would i need to recruit anyone? coding/scripting is the hardest part of making games.

And you will soon learn that it is one of the most vital parts of game creation.

Kracov said:

You're missing the point (either that or trying desperately to avoid it). Nobody's going to help you without seeing examples of your work. For all we know, all the models, levels, sprites, etc. you claim you've made could be a load of bullshit.

Well, at least regarding artistic abilities you seem to be the real deal.