Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stickguy5000

Civil War Wads?

Of all of the wars that you could have chosen, the Civil War is only beaten by the Revolutionary and Napoleonic Wars in its unsuitability for the Doom engine.

Creaphis said:

I think the children's crusade would also be pretty abysmal.

To the contrary, I would probably enjoy this wad immensely

Doom: Vietnam.

'cause you know those two stock Doom trees would make for great jungle scenery.

Shaikoten said:

Of all of the wars that you could have chosen, the Civil War is only beaten by the Revolutionary and Napoleonic Wars in its unsuitability for the Doom engine.

I don't know - Cavaliers vs Roundheads team deathmatch might work. <Shaikoten is shish kebeb'd on GreyGhost's pike>

Civil war is infighting. You can find that in practically any WAD.

I was actually thinking of creating a "scenario wad" set in the early days of useable muskets where the player was one guy in one army attacking a fortress. It would have been for EDGE with "ghost friendly fire" (ie friends shoot through each other, just ti avoid the armies killing each other, but also to allow lots of guns to bear and not just those of the front ranks) on and fast projectiles for bullets, plus one health point and scripted victory messages. So even if the player died the battle might still be one. Also the horribly slow reloading time would force you to really make shots count.