Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ra02

Textures screwed up

Why when I add 1 or more custom textures to my wad with other custom textures their screwed up, when I add them in XWE and then open up DB2 many textures has X mark on their picture and when I try to play it all textures are warping to another and everything is screwed up, whats wrong?

Sounds like a disagreement between the PNAMES and TEXTURE lumps - could you post the wad somewhere for examination?

Found the problem - Greenwar's PNAMES lump is a mess. Easiest way to fix that is to open a copy of your wad in XWE, delete the existing PNAMES & TEXTURE1 lumps, highlight all the patches and select "Add to Texture" from the right-click menu. Providing XWE doesn't screw up PNAMES lump generation, that should solve your problem.

Meh - I made a bit of a stuff-up! A closer inspection of the Greenwar 2 texture lump turned up several multi-patch textures that'll be trashed when the lump's rebuilt from scratch. Having not much to do this evening - apart from watching a B-grade disaster movie - I've set about repairing the PNAMES & TEXTURE1 lumps, which you can download from here.

Use XWE to import them (using Replace (raw data)) into a copy of your wad, add your two custom patches to the texture lump and you should be good to go.

Look up Recolored Textures.wad from realm667?

I have problem getting things to work with that one :/

sticking to one thread is not enough

Bloody Hell! I'm being necro-stalked! :P

I'll post comment on your wad in the other thread after I've had a bit of a look at it.