Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
BadCompany

Create endless horizons

Hi, I'm again.

How I can create endless (optic) horizons? When I building a normal level, a wall closing them.
But I would create a open-air level.

I know, the ceiling setting to height 0 (at floor height) is a option, but it's show like very stupidly without floor behind the level border.

I use DoomBuilder 1, (G)Zdoom in Doom format.

Guest DILDOMASTER666
Ultraboy94 said:

find the line you want to make a horizon and add linedef 9 to it.

Not in ZDoom in Doom format, you don't. There is no valid special in ZDoom in Doom format that equates to Line_Horizon, as far as I know.

Fisk said:

Not in ZDoom in Doom format, you don't. There is no valid special in ZDoom in Doom format that equates to Line_Horizon, as far as I know.

You can always make one. ZDoom has had xlat lumps for a long time which describe how to translate doom format maps into hexen format.

Can you me tell about "xlat translation"...?
What is it? How I do to this?

Must I transform doom format to hexen format? (I wouldn't doing to this.)

When Zdoom plays a normal Doom format map, it converts it "on the fly" at run time. I think the xlat files are what Zdoom uses internally to to do this. You can find them in zdoom.pk3. Reading them will show you the line type numbers etc in Doom format that correspond to Hexen-style features. So, from what Graf posted, you can use line type 337 in Doom format to get the same effect as line type 9 ( Line_Horizon) in Hexen format.