Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hellbent

what you're notable for

What are some of the things you are notable for as far as your playing ability in Doom? The only speedrun I got good at was map18. I did it in 27 seconds once I think. What's your claim to fame even if no one knows about it?

I'm notable for breaking in Jodwin's maps. And I mean BREAKING in ;-)

I'm notable for pissing off Jodwin by pointing him out that his claim of being better than me in Doom lacks substance, because we never actually compared head to head on fair and mutually agreed terms, and therefore his thinking of being better than me is merely a merciful concession on my behalf, to make him feel less insecure and inadequate.

Also, AFAIK, I still hold the unofficial record for a pacifist run on LONGDAYS.WAD, at 5:29.

Bucket said:

I can finish E1M8 on UV with a pistol start.
BEAT THAT, FOGGATS.

heh, funny, I literally just did not moments ago.

Hellbent said:

heh, funny, I literally just did not moments ago.

So did I. It's actally not that bad unless you get surrounded my pinkys.

I'm notable for my wow.wad in 7 seconds thing, but I'm sure somebody will come up with a six second eventually. I've been trying :P

I'm good at multiplayer and also have a huge mouth.

I used to win 1on1 tournaments and now I do pretty well at CTF. Also Unidoom and stuff.

In other words, I'm vicious.

I'm notable for not being notable for a host of things that I should be notable for if ever I should care to be noted for them.

Which pretty much means absolutely nothing.

I am not notable for my efforts to make a compiled archive for the shovelware cds.i am notable around my class for my Nightmare tromp through episode 4 of ultimate doom

I'm notable for making maps that break prboom 2.5.0.3 (multiple times).

I'm notable for releasing only 1 set of maps to the archives that fairly sucked.

I consider myself a fair amateur speedrunner without any speedrun records and gggmork disabuses me of this whenever I post a demo (heh).

I'm notable for making a MAP30 fight that's as long as a regular level (and harder). <-SOON TO BE RELEASED (self-promotion ftl).

I was pretty amazing at all of the Skulltag base DM maps in .95k, but now I can hardly keep up with the big boys at all. I've fallen out of practice, and in to mediocrity.

40oz said:

I was once named JohnnyRancid.

Ohhhhh, so that's what that "Formerly JohnnyRancid" means. Do you know, I've been wondering about that since you changed it, and now it finally hits me.

Beating Kaiser's Console Doom wad on UV in one sitting without dying.

And my gratuitous abuse of blue sector lighting.

Ralphis said:

I'm good at multiplayer and also have a huge mouth.

You beat me. That's got to be worth something, right?

Formed a clan where we only played Skulltag stoned and/or drunk and only from a LAN out of my apartment.

I always try and get as much monster infighting as possible for shits and giggles, even at the expense of lost health and armor.

fraggle said:

You beat me. That's got to be worth something, right?

My most heralded victory