Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
NiGHTMARE

I got my new computer today!

And it seriously owns. The specs:

- AMD XP1800+
- K7S5A motherboard
- 256 megs DDR RAM (a bit low I know, I'll add more soon)
- 64 meg ATI Radeon VE (I'll get a GeForce 3 some time)
- 40 gig Maxtor hard disk
- 16X40 DVD-ROM DRIVE
- 16X10X40 CD-RW
- 56K FAX MODEM

I'm going to add the SB Live!, monitor and 40 gig Seagate hard disk from my current computer.

My current computer also has two other hard disks, an 8 gig and a 9 gig one, both of which are pretty full, so I'm going to have to spend some time copying stuff over (including over 1 gig of Doom stuff, and lots of mp3's, mpg's and avi's ;) )

- 56K FAX MODEM

get a cable modem, like me.

God, how I wish I could. But out here, I can't get one. Dammit.:(

nice, I wouldn't bother changing to Ge3, that should do just fine for a while yet. Unless you've got money to piss away, of course...

/me sighs as own 4 year-old machine goes in for RAM boost to 256 and sound card fix...

ROFL ! no offense but Ati sux ! My friend once bought some Ati Rage card with 64 mb and my Geforce 1 with 32 mb was better !!!!!!

thats my summer project, currently i am useing a pIII 450, 320MB(100mhz)SDram, geforce2 MX-400 32MB, SB128, and some crappy modem and a 3comm etherlink3 net card. also i got 2 hard drive bays so i can swap between LINUX and WIN98 hard drives

/me sighs as own 4 year-old machine goes in for RAM boost to 256 and sound card fix...

AGH! Dammit, same here. We need a new sound system on here badly, but it appears we (my brothers and I) are too lazy to save up and get one and not have to depend on this built-into-motherboard excuse for a sound card from CrystalWare!

/me inhales

built-into-motherboard excuse for a sound card from CrystalWare!

Bah. Built-into-motherboard hardware sucks.

At this point you should all say "Thank you, Dima, for enlighting us."

I'll say. My Dad and I were trying to install a new video card into my computer yesterday. It took about 4 hours and it still didn't work. I guess I'll have to live with this POS with minimum GL support.

I'll say. My Dad and I were trying to install a new video card into my computer yesterday. It took about 4 hours and it still didn't work. I guess I'll have to live with this POS with minimum GL support.

Are you forseeing my possible future results?

Plus it eats on the system's main memory.

ROFL ! no offense but Ati sux ! My friend once bought some Ati Rage card with 64 mb and my Geforce 1 with 32 mb was better !!!!!!

no offense, morontard, but ATi don't suck. My guess is he had it poorly set up. Everyone's taking writing drivers for the ATi very seriously these days..

shit atleast it isn't a "soundcard/56k" combo like I used to have.

I still have one...Sound Blaster Pro 2.0/Some Crap 33.6k Modem. Bah, at least it plays sound and lets me surf the net.

u tried to install a video card and it did not work agian. try uninstalling the on board drivers. it usally only take a few moments to put a card into a slot. try another slot. hope u are not trying to use a AGP card on a PCI system. first check the card's "prongs" at its base. if they interlock its AGP. look on the board for a short brown slot. if u dont see one u may not have AGP. also the motherboard must have been made after 1997, if it was made before sorry no AGP.

also i got 2 hard drive bays so i can swap between LINUX and WIN98 hard drives

heh, you can just dual-boot you know.

heh, you can just dual-boot you know.

Too much effort. When my PC's done it's gonna have 6 C: drives to swap around and one permanent D: storage drive.

no offense, morontard, but ATi don't suck. My guess is he had it poorly set up. Everyone's taking writing drivers for the ATi very seriously these days..

Very true. Check out John Carmacks .plan file. I'd say he's taking it pretty seriously...

get a cable modem, like me

I don't even have a phone line, let alone cable :) Which means I have two useless 56k modems...

We do have cable at my parents' house though.