Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tinysmitty

Changing music from Doom

you would probably have to use a program like XWE (eXtendable wad editor) to import it.

XWE

should make a copy of your WAD just incase...
STEPS :
1. Bring up XWE and open your wad.
2. at the top, go Entry->Load then find your music.
3. Rename it to D_RUNNIN (thats the first maps music)

and that should work...

I did that.I am suppose to be playing doom E2M8. When i play that map no music comes on. Then when i try to play my song in XWE it says cant play probably not MIDI format. What should i do

tinysmitty said:

Port?????

I am converted the song from a Mp3 to a Wav then to a MUS. But it still wont work.

Source port

Converting MP3's to MUS/MIDI usually yields disappointing results, have you tried searching for a MIDI version of the song? Alternately - since several source ports support MP3 playback - you could use the song as-is, providing filesize isn't a major consideration.

Of course, if you're going to use a copyrighted mp3 song in a map, forget about posting it on /idgames.

You should probably just keep your music to yourself. It is possible to run doom in combination with a cd so that it will play your cd's music instead of the standard doom music without any wad editing.

It will work with zdoom but i am unsure about doomsday, why dont u just add it and give it a go, if it doesnt work in dooms day then add a midi aswell so you can have the song in both ports.

I'm pretty certain that doomsday has .ded files that run extrenal MP3s (external meaning not inside a wad) in place of doom's ingame music. I remember changing all of doom's tunes to System of a Down songs.

But that's for your own personal settings. It would be illegal to include that song with the wad because the song is not free to distribute.

Doomsday supports playing many a music format from within a wad. One doesn't need to write a ded either, if you are just replacing one of the original tracks.

However, in the latest beta (as of writting this post) there is a bug specifically relating to playback of MP3 format music in a wad.