Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
t.v.

Stuck in Daikatana...

yeah, I've started playing Daikatana.

It didn't work on my previous computer so I put in on a shelf, forgot about it and only recently found it again.

I don't want to debate it, I just want to know what to do.

I am in the Crematorium at a conveyor belt with Superfly Johnson. I can flip a switch and a coffin will be pushed on the belt. I can also shoot a pipe filling the segment below. But none of it makes any sense to me.

Getting Johnson on the belt when the coffin is moved only results in him getting swashed. I cannot flip the switch and run to belt, because when you flip a switch in this game you're stuck in camera mode. And I can only flip them once. I have no idea what the pipes are for...

Can anyone tell me what to do. Or point me to a walkthrough.

Blow up the pipe. It's one of many puzzles that doesn't make sense, so be prepared for any number of retarded scenarios.

ah... it worked. silly me... all I had to do is manually open the second door. I never thought of that since the first door was so elaborate :-/

(obligatory "John Romero's about to make you his bitch, suck it down" poster goes here:

)

(obligatory link to SA's memorable review of Daikatana demo goes here)

Have you heard the organ music in Crematorium? If not, go back and listen. I bet, you know the track. :-D

Yeah I noticed the music the first time. Thought it was kinda cool :-)

I finally found a walkthrough so I won't be needing you guys anymore :-)

t.v. said:

I finally found a walkthrough so I won't be needing you guys anymore :-)

Sure. Just spray and wipe, and then leave :sniff:

I played through Daikatana from beginning to end and I have to say that if you got stuck there then stop now.

Be sure to patch the game before you get any further if you haven't already. I actually managed to play through most of the game without patching when it came out only to run into a bug in the last episode that made my "good buddies" disappear, making exiting the level impossible. My old saves were also incompatible after patching. Needless to say, I was pissed.

Snarboo said:

John Romero made me his bitch after all, and I sucked it down.

FTFY.

Creaphis said:

I think I'm going to have to play this.

DO IT. It's something a gamer should experience at least once, much like Plan 9 from Outer Space.

Oblig from Diet 32in24

Also, I kind of like Daikatana's premise, and certain things about it, but the AI's so fucking horrible and buggy that it's unplayable.

The games great one you download and stall the mandatory patch. The game is useless without it.

This game was pretty cool in concept. I love the art and music, but you can obviously feel the time restraints come into play with level designs an ai. Some of the monster choices were pretty bad too.

I was watching a video of people playing Daikatana online on CTF, and the gameplay looked awful. The netcode is so bad that people kept getting stuck inside of doors, some portions of the maps (often critical portions too) were practically unplayable due to the lag spikes that were caused when more than one person was in the area at a time.

Everybody was bitching about it on teamspeak, but due to the immense lag and buggy weapons and maps it didn't look fun to play at all. The game still kinda 'looks' cool. Has anyone gotten around to ripping the textures?

Technician said:

The games great

Just this: the first level, Marsh, has 8 secrets. 7 of them are easy to find, the 8th is a completely unmarked door in the ground. I'm sure we all love humping walls for hours, it's an exciting and fun method to hunt for secrets, but the damn floor??!

I won't mention the mechanical frogs and dragonflies uttering the most unnerving noises I've ever heard in a video game as well as the useless weapons that make totally lame and wimpy sounds. Stopped right there in the first level, so I didn't get to enjoy the company of Superfly Johnson, because I can take the piss out of myself far better than some moronic video game developers, that's for sure.

It's crazy to think how much good money and resources get wasted by this industry year for year, producing shiny sugar coated shit, where the marketing campaign dreamed up by some coked up suits is more important than to deliver a solid product. Recent example: Painkiller Resurrection.