Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AveryMaurice

Post your PC and Setup

avery1555 said:

Where are all the photos? D : lol

Can't expect me to take photos of all my stuff, do you? Most isn't even with me ATM, some in in a basement far far away and one is even in the trunk of my car(!). Well a few of them are scattered in Blogs and I could take pics of the most recent additions actually...I'll see what I can do .

Gigabyte EX58-UD5
Core i7 920, 2.7 Ghz
9GB DDR3-1066
80 Gb Intel X-25 SSD (<3)
1 Tb Samsung Spinpoint F1 (+ 2nd one visible as backup)
ATI Radeon 4870 "OC" edition, 1Gb

And for displays a Benq G2400WD and HP L2475w, both 24 inch. The HP arrived today, and its amazing.

I've got an older picture of my current living room arrangement. Naturally, it's taken at such an angle that you can't see my computer setup, but it's below the desk hutch that the chair is facing:

And this is the most recent picture of my current computer:

That's actually from the building phase, but I never did put the side panel on, so that's how it remains today.

1 Core2duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz 45nm CPU
1 Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L MB
2 2x1GB Mushkin DDR2-800 4-4-4-12 SDRAM
1 WD Raptor 10000RPM 150GB HD
2 WD RE2 7200RPM 500GB HD
1 SAMSUNG 20X DVD±R SATA DVD Burner with LightScribe
1 PowerColor Radeon HD 3870 512MB 256-bit GDDR4 Passive-Cooled VPU
1 SeaSonic S12 Energy Plus 550W PSU

Runs WinXP SP2. Probably always will.

exl said:
Gigabyte EX58-UD5
Core i7 920, 2.7 Ghz
9GB DDR3-1066
80 Gb Intel X-25 SSD (<3)
1 Tb Samsung Spinpoint F1 (+ 2nd one visible as backup)
ATI Radeon 4870 "OC" edition, 1Gb[/B]

Sweet setup, are you planning on overclocking that i7? Do you know which stepping it has?

Not really worth listing. I have a 1Tb external HD, though. That thing is fun. Other than that, it's all 5+ year old technology.

Doom Marine said:

Sweet setup, are you planning on overclocking that i7? Do you know which stepping it has?

It was one of the first ones available last year. I don't feel like overclocking it yet, its still a bit overkill for most things I do. If anything though it needs a non-stock fan, the stock one makes too much noise for my liking.

My PC is nothing special. P4 3GHz, 2Gb DDR2, ATI HD3850, SB Audigy, Logitech speakers. Antec P182B case which is one of the best investments I've ever made. The cooling compartments make such a difference, I was cooking drives in the old generic cases I was using, I'd never build a PC in anything else again. I've got some random quiet CPU cooler and quiet 120mm fans thru the case.

Samsung 24" monitor which is awesome. Native res is 1920x1200 but it suffers almost no blurring with display scaling, even at 640x480 it's crisp and clear. Alien Vendetta's lighting levels look incredible playing Vanilla through DOS, which I can't replicate in Windows/Linux for some reason? Before I got this I was using dual then triple Philips 17" LCDs.

Probably about 3Tb storage all up, I can't be bothered counting. One of the 1Tb drives is in an Antec MX-1 actively cooled USB/eSATA caddy. I like my drive cooling :P

I also have a Dell Vostro 1200 laptop: C2D 2Ghz, 2Gb RAM, Intel X3100, 320Gb hard drive. Plus a generic 2RU case with some slower P4, 1.5Gb RAM, 80+250Gb hard drive in the datacenter at work.

I have an old generic ATX case with no sides which houses a PII400 with an ISA SB16 with OPL3 chip. It has DOS on it and is used for Vanilla Doom, System Shock, etc.

Plus an XBox with XBMC and 500Gb hard drive (this is my "tv" as I don't have the antenna plugged in), a PS2 with Swap Magic discs, an N64, a PSX with modchip, a GBA, and a GP2X.