Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Never_Again

IDOOM Contest Goes International

The Czech speedrunning contest site contest.idoom.cz has been translated into English. Twice a month IDOOM Contest holds demo competitions that consist of a flash contest (the deadline is one hour) and a weekly contest (the deadline is one week), with points from each carried forward separately into the larger, long-term IDOOM Speed Trophy contest. The new version of the site makes it easy for non-Czech-speaking demo fans to follow the progress and the results of the competition, as well as to take active part in it.

This looks really interesting. I'd like to try some flash contests as a personal challenge (I know there's no way I could be a real contender). Some questions, though:

1. Are the contests posted at the same time of day every week?
2. If yes, then in what time zone is the announcement of "20:00"?
3. If no, then how can I know exactly when a new contest is happening?
4. How can I know how many hundredths of a second there are at the end of my time?

Creaphis said:

1. Are the contests posted at the same time of day every week?
2. If yes, then in what time zone is the announcement of "20:00"?
3. If no, then how can I know exactly when a new contest is happening?
4. How can I know how many hundredths of a second there are at the end of my time?

1. Yes, but not every week. Every two weeks.
2. UTC+1 (e.g. Czech Republic)
4. In PrBoom+ you press F5 once or several times to switch between HUDs until you have the timer. If you record in vanilla/chocolate, I guess you have to have PrBoom anyway to play back your demo and read the time at the end.

Alright, thanks. That puts the contest announcements at 1:00 on Sundays for me - a time at which I have a weekly commitment. Oh well. I might still try recording in the weekly contests and submitting demos that are twice as long as everyone else's.

just a question... what we got to doing here?

EDIT: Nevermind, i understand it. I send the demo to the website...

Sign in to follow this