Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DOOMbboy

dehacked startup help

Ok so I downloaded the latest version of dehacked and did all that directory stuff in the .ini file. The problem is that when I click to startup dehacked, a command window appears on the screen for half a second and disappears. i did everything i had to do to get it working. can someone help? is this like a technical issue or something? i downloaded it again to make sure nothing was wrong with it. but it failed.

Do you plan to patch an executable or something? If you're just looking to create a patch, why not use WhackEd2 instead? It's a windows version of DeHackEd, and doesn't carry with it all the dehacked.ini woes.

If you insist on using the original DeHackEd, start the program from the command prompt or from a batch file with a "pause" command underneath. Chances are it's spitting out an error, but you'll never see the error because the window terminates too quickly.

ok but now whenever i open whacked2 and select new patch this message pops up saying "run-time error 380 invalid property value". what wrong now?

If you still want to try dehacked, instead of trying to run it from the windows interface, open a command line prompt and run it from there. The reason the message disappears too quickly to read is because you are returning to windows as soon as dehacked is finished. If you run it from the command prompt, the message will remain in the command prompt window and you will be able to see what the problem is.

[edit] Doh! Enjay fails at reading. EarthQuake already said that. [/edit]