Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Captain Red

stuff that should be invented.

IOM people should hurry up and develop theses things:

1: holodeck type technology. imagine doom remade in to a star trek type holodeck thingy. cool.

2: mechs!!! I want to go stomping down town and squish my enemies!

3: full body suits that let you jump really high, move really fast and servive long drops. all without you getting tired! use it in conjugation with the holodeck, for some real life deathmatches!

4: wipeout style hover cars. if they can pull it off, I might finally have some interest in motor sport.

5: a device that can break down things into atoms, and reassemble them into any thing you want, turn garbage in to new putas food and organs.

6: duke nukem forever (HINT BLOODY HINT)

and they should colonize mars.

oh yeah and cures for cancer or something...

what do you think?

yes, and by that time, our skeletons would of been destoryed 5 nuclear holocausts before that

2: mechs!!! I want to go stomping down town and squish my enemies!

..and then they just get bigger mechs, which can stomp your mech to pieces.

4: wipeout style hover cars. if they can pull it off, I might finally have some interest in motor sport.

That wont happen the first couple years in our lifetime.

5: a device that can break down things into atoms, and reassemble them into any thing you want, turn garbage in to new putas food and organs.

More or less same as my answer above 'cept that it'll take even longer.

6: duke nukem forever (HINT BLOODY HINT)

Agreed, they should of released it more than a year ago.

oh yeah and cures for cancer or something...

That'll probably happen. Only problem is that once they find a cure for cancer a new, far worse desease appears - that always happens.

what do you think?

What I think? This is what I think about most of your suggestions: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111

Heh, don't forget computers that upgrade themselves, helmets that make you learn all 20 years of schooling in under 5 mins, and legalize marijuana.

Agreed, esp. teh holodeck and learning helmet, I've often thought about both those things..

The holodeck for women who are uncomplicated...

have you ever heard of nanotechnology?the current electronic device(i.e. integrated circuit) are based on micro-tecnology.the unit of each device is in the size of micro-scale(10 power minus 6).but now with the ability to control the basic particle like electron.Atom can be rearrange in any order by the collision of electron. the scientists are be able to build small gear from atom,also they can build electric circuit with carbonnanotube (Carbon nanotubes are fullerene-related structures which consist of graphene cylinders)it seem that the nanoscale motor is also in reseach.so it is possible to convert the electrical energy into mechanical energy in nanoscale(10 power minus 9).

with this technology,it should let us
-Get essentially every atom in the right place.
-Make almost any structure consistent with the laws of physics and chemistry that we can specify in atomic detail.
-Have manufacturing costs not greatly exceeding the cost of the required raw materials and energy.

we will see the appilcation of this technology like,smaller mechanic device (i.e. robot)and send it into human's blood vessel for purpose of medical treatment.the smaller electronic device,faster processor that run DOOM3 like dream.by the way this technology is still in reaserch.it may take us about 10 years to be able to apply this nanotechnology.

p.s. sorry if there are any error in english.also if anyone found any content error,correct me.

actually the holodeck worked on the principle of converting energy into matter, rather than re-arranging matter at the molecular level.

However, as this is, as far as we know, impossible, I'll go with Dark-Tenshi! Scary what's being developed, huh?

As this thread is about new science stuff, major news is Uni. in USA has altered speed of light that is major breakthrough! They can slow it and also STOP it! Let's see how this affects Einstein's theory

As this thread is about new science stuff, major news is Uni. in USA has altered speed of light that is major breakthrough! They can slow it and also STOP it! Let's see how this affects Einstein's theory

They just can slow it down, not speed it up. (Unless I misread their article) for now Einstein is still save.

Two independent teams of scientists have found a way to reduce the speed of light to zero. Although light in a vacuum moves at a neck-breaking 186,000 miles a second, materials with a high refractive index can slow it down. Lene Vestergaard Hau of Harvard University and colleagues managed to stall the progress of a laser beam completely by passing it through a supercold gas. They first created a cloud of several million sodium atoms, cooled to within a few millionths of a degree from absolute zero and held in a magnetic atom trap. Normally such a gas wouldn't let any light pass. So the scientists cut a path through it using a laser beam called a coupling beam. Next they shot through a probe laser pulse at a specific wavelength. When the pulse was midway through the gas, they shut off the coupling beam--stopping the probe beam dead in its tracks. Like so When they turned the coupling beam back on, the probe beam continued on its way.

The ability to bring light to an utter standstill could find ample use in quantum computers. Such devices promise to carry out an array of tasks more efficiently and faster than ordinary machines by storing information in quantum states, such as those of the individual photons in a laser beam. Hau's work--which builds on her accomplishment two years ago of slowing light to about 38 miles an hour--will appear in a future issue of Nature. The other group--Ronald Walsworth, Mikhail Lukin and colleagues at the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics--will publish their like result in the January 29th issue of Physical Review Letters. --Kristin Leutwyler

Nano computer-A computer with circuitry so small that it can only be seen through a microscope. Nanocomputers can be electronic (where nanolithography is used to create microscopic circuits), biochemical or organic (such as DNA computers), or quantum (such as quantum computers). Nanocomputers deal with materials at a molecular level and hold the promise of creating increasingly smaller and faster computers, an important concept in the realm of pervasive computing.

besides from common prcessing use."nano" computers and manipulators will be small enough to insert into cells, without compromising cellular function, and perform a myriad novel functions. One particularly interesting function may be to take an inventory of the host cell's structures using the cell's DNA as a blueprint. Should a foreign nasty arrive, something outside the inventory as stated by the cell's DNA, the "Cell Sentinel" would destroy the invader before it had time to cause damage. The "nano" computer would not need to know what disease the invader represented, it would not matter. If it's not included in the DNA code, it's destroyed.

Viruses, prions*, parasites and bacteria continue to mutate and produce new diseases our natural immune systems may, or may not, handle. In theory, a nano "Cell Sentinel" could make our body's immune to any present or future infectious disease. Imagine a child growing up disease free. NO more ugly immune shots! NO more AIDS! NO more flu! NO more you name it!

actually the holodeck worked on the principle of converting energy into matter, rather than re-arranging matter at the molecular level.

However, as this is, as far as we know, impossible, I'll go with Dark-Tenshi! Scary what's being developed, huh?

The holodeck was based entirely on focused energy fields. No actual matter was used (except for replicated props that may have come up - as far as the replicators worked, they were re-arranging matter at the atomic level).

Go back to school, boy.

Having a hugeass DNA computer would creep me out. I can picture it being like the Processing Plant in Q2 ;p

Has anyone else ever heard of a white solid material which is edible and can float in midair? I heard about this from 2 different people who i trust. I guess it was on Discovery channel once. If anyone knows anything about this (what it's called, if it even exists, etc.) that would be cool. Can you picture the possibilities?!? Having a friend float a piece into your mouth from across a room...on a trampolene...ON WEED

The holodeck was based entirely on focused energy fields. No actual matter was used (except for replicated props that may have come up - as far as the replicators worked, they were re-arranging matter at the atomic level).

Go back to school, boy.

meh, perhaps I'm confusing it with the replicator. But I thought teh holdeck used teh same principles, oh well.

Heh, I'll only go back to school if I change my degree option to 'Bachelor of Star Trek'

Two independent teams of scientists have found a way to reduce the speed of light to zero. ... etc

I still do not know how this affects Einstein's theories on Quantum Mechanics/Physics.

[b]Has anyone else ever heard of a white solid material which is edible and can float in midair?

I produce this material when I look at hot chicks ::PP

Has anyone else ever heard of a white solid material which is edible and can float in midair?

Yeah, I actualy saw this. It was a couple years ago. I wonder why they havn't used this stuff yet...

The Infinite Improbability Drive.

'Course, we'd need to make a Finite Improbability Drive first.

An Improbability Drive would kick ass. Of course, in reality, it would turn the universe inside out when first activated.