Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wildweasel

Doom, Defictionalized?

Okay, I've heard of people remaking the Doom monsters as clay sculptures and such, but what about remaking Doom's items as actual, usable real-world objects? Yeah, I know about the Tootsietoy Dakota toy shotgun - I'm more interested in knowing if anybody's made, say, colored skulls that fit on top of door and car keys, or a magnetic badge that looks like the blue keycard or something. Or a little brown helmet that glows green, or a blue flask of water or something.

If this kind of stuff doesn't exist yet, then I think I know what project I should be working on...

A glass blower could make the health flasks, and you could make up some authentic looking medkits and stimpacks, I do no know about Supercharge Spheres but I wonder about the SSG, I wonder if there is a real weapon based on that. BTW, why the fuck would Hell have health flasks and invulerability spheres laying around anyway?

You could make the armour helmets out of iron and have leds under them to make them glow. You know this thread reminds me that what if you had a 100.000.000 dollars and you built your whole house to look like E1M1 or E1M7. Then you could scatter the items around and you would feel at home. All you need is glass blowing facilities and iron casting equipment and you could make health flasks and armour helmets and that would start you off.

For some reason I can only think of goth/emo/wiccan items, the sort of stuff you'd find in a "magicks" shop, like "power crystals", crystal spheres, skull-shaped candles, candelabra, "magick symbols" etc.

neubejiita said:

I wonder about the SSG, I wonder if there is a real weapon based on that.

Sure. Get a side-by-side sawed-off double-barreled shotgun with trigger safeties removed.

neubejiita said:

You know this thread reminds me that what if you had a 100.000.000 dollars and you built your whole house to look like E1M1 or E1M7.

Welcome! Just be careful of the pits and barrels full of nuclear waste scattered about my home.

Jodwin said:

Who wouldn't want to decorate their house with ever-twitching, impaled bodies?

For some reason, I thought that sexual fetishists would especially appreciate that kind of decoration.

Jodwin said:

Who wouldn't want to decorate their house with ever-twitching, impaled bodies?

A house is not a home without a skull totem or two.

WildWeasel said:

I'm more interested in knowing if anybody's made, say, colored skulls that fit on top of door and car keys

I'm surprised I never thought of it, and am going to make some now.

Additional random question: has anyone pruned their bushes and/or sculpted their plants to look like the stump or tree? Or, how about some spiffy glowing technical pillar of dubious function?

Lutz said:

has anyone pruned their bushes and/or sculpted their plants to look like the stump or tree?

Probably not if they enjoy having a pleasant landscape

Lutz said:

Additional random question: has anyone pruned their bushes and/or sculpted their plants to look like the stump or tree?

Well, I chopped some trees that filled my ground-level balcony with leaves, and now I have a mostly barren concrete ledge with some earth on top.

Lutz said:

Or, how about some spiffy glowing technical pillar of dubious function?

I've got a complex of fucking pipes going in and out of my apartment and running through my ceiling, they are enough I think.

Ultraboy94 said:

i always though a beserk pack could be a few cans of red bull...

No that'd be the flight powerup from Heretic.

I contend that sale would be better described as "just over $5"

RAMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE, BRING me a baron of hell

Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero has Quan Chi's throne. A real life throne made for the in game cinematics that has enough grey skulls and Gieger style that looks like it came out of Doom. However, its not actually from Doom.