Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
elbryan42

doom.wrong.button.com - weekly update! + future plans

In case you haven't noticed, I've been updating whenever I have time, as opposed to friday night. Life has been a bit hectic. So lately it's just been the toons on friday. Expect another update in a few days.

About the toons: Freakazoid is done. Transformers season 2 is coming to an end. This next month you're all getting a treat. I just (finally!) found the first 3 eps (more than meets the eye) as generation 1 in divx. For those of you that have been around since the ftp's conception, the first few eps are the only ones of the first season that was generation 2, sound out of sync, etc. Now, as promised, the second I get the first eps in good quality, you're getting them. So for the next 2 weeks, More than Meets the Eye will be up, as I post the final 5 eps (2 this week, 3 next week) of season 2. Season 3 will all be awesome quality, mostly divx, so that's a treat on it's own. For the final 2 weeks, after the season 2 eps are done, I'll be putting up Transformers: The Movie. This is a DIVX rip of the DVD, so it's awesome. Then the season 3 eps will start, 4 a week, same as before. I'm working on getting awesome quality for all of the eps in season 1 and 2, but it's gonna take a while.

Whew! With that out of the way, the plans for the future.

I'm still pondering what to do to reward everyone who contributed (and having upload accounts). Not sure what to put up though. My consceince is bothering me about putting up games, movies, etc. Being illegal and all. Since it'll be off of the original site, it's not so bad as publicly posting putting up copyrighted material. Besides rewarding all of your hard work, I'm hoping that this will get more people to contribute. What do you all think?

And about videogame music. Since the popularity has gone up, I'll be putting up music from different games as well. I LOVE video game music, and I know I'm not the only one out there. I want to put up ripped music, not music that can be found on a soundtrack you can buy. In a few days, I'll be putting up music from the Castlevania series (my other addiction), mostly from The Castlevania Dungeon, plus some tracks of my own.

That's it for now. And since there are quite a bit of newbies around these days (welcome, btw). I thought I'd restate the rules and the idea of this site. This site is homebrewed goodness only. No copyrited material. If you can buy it, it won't be on the site. I decide what goes on the site. And although there have been no problems since I started the individual upload accounts, I'll say this for anyone who would like to contribute. Upload something copyrighted, and you'll either get a warning if the material is in the "grey" area, or have their ip banned, and the account deleted.

Well, that's it for now. I'm gonna watch a few movies, drink a few beers, eat a bit of pizza, and have one helluva night. And as always, enjoy.

I still have the episode of Freakazoid in which has Vorn the unspeakable in it, and some of the last lines that he and Jeepers say are in my signature, so PH33R!

Yo, nice work elbryan42. I ain't had time to download anything da last few months but your ftp is starting to look better by da second.

By da way: did you ever get the missing tnt music files in mp3 format dat we needed or what, bro?

nope. no tnt mp3s yet. it sucks.

if anyone has a roland soundcard, and who wants to try it out, the midis are in the doom music dir.

i have something much better than a roland soundcard. I have a Roland SC-55_595 (sound canvas).

i mean playing it thru the midi table with the roland, and turning it into mp3. since the music was created with a roland in mind. this way the rest of us can hear what the tracks are supposed to sound like. just like the mp2s from doomworld's music section.

what do they sound like? can you upload em? if you'd like to, you could email me or icq me for an upload account. if you can do this, it would be great.

Damn, ain't dat sumthin... we finally found a use for MEOWTH!!!

j/k
:P

But on da real, are ya'll really plannin' on doin' this? Da recording part is da hard shit, converting to mp3 isn't dat hard to do, IF you gots a fast computa!

Not sure what the deal is with Maonth and the TNT & Doom music. I gave him an upload account a few days ago, and nothing yet. What's the deal dude?

PS. For anyone who loves X-Men Evolution, there's more coming on Friday.