Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Flesh420

New news about Duke! What do you guys think?

Dear God. It took twelve years for this shambling monstrosity to die. Do we have to watch its corpse twitch for another fifty?

Ya know, the more this game gets attention, the more it has to be absolutely flawless, which delays it's release even more.

Creaphis said:

Dear God. It took twelve years for this shambling monstrosity to die. Do we have to watch its corpse twitch for another fifty?

I don't know... ever since there was no more Nukem to look forward to, I've felt kind of empty inside.

This game is taking Forever

This isn't really new news. They stated they were going to continue work, just without the extra baggage.

Eh... DNF or whatever the fuck they've decided to call it couldn't be released under any circumstances and not be considered an afterthought. Games today are, like any other media, disposable and generally forgettable.

When was the last time a game has come out and truly been considered a classic that's bound to live on for generations of gamers to come? None! Remember like, a whole year ago GTA 4 was the hottest thing on the planet.. for a month.. if that.

Suppose it is a hit. Then what? Two or three weeks later some other hot new game comes out and DNF sinks into the pages of history with Ratchet and Clank, Bioshock and every Madden game from years gone by.

..Not to mention the tech demos are already starting to look dated, in comparison to Crysis 2, Rage ect. By the time it comes out (ha), it'll be ROTT to Doom 2.

Ed said:

Not to mention the tech demos are already starting to look dated, in comparison to Crysis 2, Rage ect. By the time it comes out (ha), it'll be ROTT to Doom 2.

That's not as important as overall quality. If they can pull off a Duke Nukem title that blows everything else out of the water, graphics won't matter. By all accounts Crysis was an average game and while hardly anything has come close to mastering it in terms of graphics, just about every game released after it is arguably more fun.

At this point, I'm more interested in the idea of a new Duke game from what has been teased by the leaks than the game itself. I don't give a damn if the game requires me to run it on a toaster, if it's more fun than anything I've played in the previous years it will hardly matter.

I'm glad it's back. The world just doesn't feel right without DNF in development.

This is going to be the best game ever. Also the last.

fuck da haterz

Guest DILDOMASTER666

Creaphis can suck ten flaming niggerdicks. I'm looking forward to this as I have for the last 12 massively disappointing years... Since I was in fucking first grade.

Fisk said:

I'm looking forward to this as I have for the last 12 massively disappointing years... Since I was in fucking first grade.

And you'll be waiting for 12 more :-p

They'll probably slap together some casual flash/java browser game and call it "Duke Nukem Forever". Or a card trading game, if you're really lucky :-p

And make it available through OnLive, the perfect platform for such an awesome game :-p

I think this thread is worth
ten gorilla anuses.
That's two times five,
so the ten nigger dicks cat fit
inside them, somewhere.

Now if one nigger dick
counts as four normal girths
then we'll need four
gorilla anuses more.

I'm afraid I have to side with Creaphis on this one. DNF is the entertainment software industry's Loch Ness Monster - a creature that some claim to have seen and many more believe exists despite the lack of supporting evidence. People will tell their great-grandchilden about the teaser videos and how the game was developed for almost every 3D engine in existence (driving successive publishers to bankruptcy in the process) without ever being released. In short, the game that never was will become folklore - a legend in our lifetimes while remaining a myth.

By all accounts Crysis was an average game and while hardly anything has come close to mastering it in terms of graphics, just about every game released after it is arguably more fun.

Using the same definition of "all" as you do, by all accounts Crysis was an excellent game with gameplay far above any other high profile 2007-2009 SP release except STALKER, that was unfortunately bashed by nerds who equate their computer power with their penis size and felt inadequate by not being able to run the game with graphics maxed out. Basically the same backslash Far Cry got from so-called hardcore gamers for being too hard on the hardest difficulty.

Problem with introducting something as complex as the nanosuit is, of course, in this day and age of casual gaming you end up with players missing the uses and the point and thinking "omg this is just a berzerk pack and partial invis omg omg they so ripped doom !". I'll give the whiners one thing, all the videos consisting of korean strangling and barrel shooting make the game look really, really uninteresting ; and as of course this is the internet and most people having an opinion on something haven't actually played the thing but just repeat what they've read off another forum or seen on youtube like mindless sheep, the amount of whining is understandable to an extent.

I for one thank Crytek for having the guts to still make interesting gameplay on a 2007 multi-million dollar release even though most people would rather eat the good old mouse-smoothed room corridor room script corridor room corridor script shit, along with a FOV of 70 for good measure. STALKER being the only other high profile SP release since 2007 that doesn't follow the above formula, to see people in a CLASSIC DOOM forum of all things claim all other shooters are arguably more fun truly shows how pointless it is to waste valuable development time making deep gameplay when the average player just wants hitboxes as large as the god damn screen and pretty scripts to make him feel like he's in a Hollywood release.

Press E to save the world and have NPCs thank you for being so awesome. You sure deserve it !

destx said:

I'm glad it's back. The world just doesn't feel right without DNF in development.

Shake it, Baby!

Phml said:

and as of course this is the internet and most people having an opinion on something haven't actually played the thing but just repeat what they've read off another forum or seen on youtube like mindless sheep, the amount of whining is understandable to an extent.

eat the good old mouse-smoothed room corridor room script corridor room corridor script shit, along with a FOV of 70 for good measure.

You can't complain about mindless sheep than talk like one yourself, that's not how it works.

Creaphis said:

we love zombies.

zombies forever.

40oz said:

Ya know, the more this game gets attention, the more it has to be absolutely flawless, which delays it's release even more.

On the other hand, hype and expectation die with their inability to release it in a timely fashion.

I, for one, would love to see a new Duke Nukem game...even if it comes out when I'm 80.

Assuming it would ever get released, there is no way that Duke Nukem Forever could be a fun game. How could the gameplay be fun or even consistent given that they keep changing the engine every other month? This game has no chance, even if it does get released.

I want you guys to stop hoping for DNF, I want you to send them an email and say "I'm mad as Hell and I'm not going to take this anymore!". I don't know what to do about the game after that, but I know that first you've gotta get mad.

Even if it is just a rumor, I also still want to see a new Duke Nukem game...even if it takes another decade of waiting :P

My first reaction on hearing about this was just to groan. I mean, hearing "new" news about DNF is just so dull and a tired, boring cliche. We've been "treated" to little snippets like this for years. I wish they'd just fuck off. A bit of teasing can be fun but twelve years of teasing with nothing to show for it is just a turn off. I'm just fed up with them. Put up or shut up.

I never really was much of a fan of Duke 3d. All this panty twisting about DNF is annoying.

And to those who are so happy to see them pick this up cause you thought you wouldn't get more duke games. It was only DNF that was cancelled. They still had a couple of offshoot games planned that didn't get cancelled.

kristus said:

It was only DNF that was cancelled. They still had a couple of offshoot games planned that didn't get cancelled.

I take it you're referring to Duke Nukem Interminable and Duke Nukem Endlessly Protracted?

Visplane Overflow said:

I want you guys to stop hoping for DNF, I want you to send them an email and say "I'm mad as Hell and I'm not going to take this anymore!". I don't know what to do about the game after that, but I know that first you've gotta get mad.

lol nice.