Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
reki107

Pets

after a quick search, I didn't find anything generally like this

Does anybody other than me have any pets? If so, what are they?

I've got a hermet crab named Lamarr, and a cat named Prince.

EDIT:

1- The name Lamarr is a direct reference to "Heady" Lamarr the headcrab (Half-Life 2) which is a direct reference to the singer Hedy Lamarr.

2- I spelled "hermit" wrong! SHIT.

MORE EDIT:
I've got three hermit crabs now, Lamarr, Gordon, and alex.

1 galah, 5 weeroes, 1 budgie, 1 chicken and soon a south western carpet python. Had another galah and 2 weeroes, which I hand raised, but they died or escaped.

With exception to the chicken (and the yet non-existant python), they're all in an aviary with the galah just being moved there. He calmed right down in there and is very friendly now. 1 of the weeroes is very tame, had him half of my life now (he just turned 10).

Had hermit crabs many years ago. Fun to watch.

Two cats, one dog, one family.
The cats are around 12, the dog is probably 3-4, the family is just annoying.

Khorus said:

1 galah, 5 weeroes, 1 budgie, 1 chicken and soon a south western carpet python.

By mid-January all that'll be left is a well-fed carpet python.

No pets at the moment though one of the neighbours cats is trying to adopt me.

Krispavera said:

One puppy named Layla. She's around 7 months now. Not doing too well since the sodomy.

I forget, how many people were involved?

david_a said:

Man, greyhounds are awesome. Or is that a whippet?

Italian Greyhound. He only weighs 15 pounds.

I've got a pretty sweet deal where I'm living now. Utilities, cable, internet and cats are all included in the rent.

reki107 said:

I've got a hermet crab named Lamarr

I get it!

Nothing now, unless you count the ants that came about after I had some changes done to the apartment. The funny thing about this is that when I was a kid, for a while I had a formicarium (Uncle Milton's Ant Farm.)

reki107 said:
I've got a hermet [sic] crab

I had one of these, long ago. I can't recall its name, but it died in the highlands of Peru, where gravity is grave, the days are warm and the nights very cold. It's buried there. It froze to death in a camper when the pick-up truck broke down and we couldn't reach the safety of lower and less harsh lands.

i have 3 cats. two came from the same litter and are 3, one is around 18 months old and came from my girlfriend's cat's litter.
they all just meow for food all the time, even when they have just been fed. or sleep.

i also have a tank of fish. with 2 frogs in it.

One dog and four cats here, but they are not mine though. They are all pretty old, all well above 10 years old. I've been living with all kinds of pets ever since they day I was born.

1 cat, 2 Cockatiles, and a small Turtle roaming the backyard. The turtle is older than I am.

I once owned a cat. Unfortunately, she passed away in 2000. Since then, my family has moved several times, and each time the rental agreement has stated that we can't have pets. Damn it all, I want a cat.

I have a dog and a cat, my cat is one of the most paranoid cats I have ever seen and he is so small but everything else on him is huge, like his freakin wiskers, stomach and his hair. He like a fat paranoid fuzz ball that just lurks about when everyone is asleep.

Right now I have a cat and a juvenile crested gecko. I had another cat but she passed on a few weeks ago, at the age of 20. I also had a leopard gecko and blue tongue skink when I was younger, but adopted them away during a rough time in my life. I am thinking about getting another blue tongue, as they are one of the best pet reptiles out there. Problem is they can be a bit of a PITA to find in America, where everyone seems to be crazy for bearded dragons.

Sadly, I don't have any pets right now. I have myself a bit of a windowsill herb garden, though. Right now I have an oregano, a basil, and a parsley along with a lucky bamboo (my first houseplant). The parsley isn't doing too well, but it's a curly anyway, and those are useless for anything but chopping up. Surprisingly, the basil is taking the cold and lack of light well, seeing how it's blooming right now. I hope it goes to seed so I can replant in case it dies, but I'm not sure if it needs pollination to do that, which it won't get.

As for animals, my mom has a couple cats that she got back when I was living with her. Here are some pictures of them at about 2 years old...

http://youfailit.net/danarchy/Ninny01.jpg
http://youfailit.net/danarchy/Ninny02.jpg
http://youfailit.net/danarchy/Trouble01.jpg
http://youfailit.net/danarchy/Trouble02.jpg

chungy said:

I've got two cats and both these pictures are over four years old, heh.[/URL]

Misty and Stormy...heh, nice names

Currently have one dog. His name is Miles, but I usually call him 'Crazy Face' or 'Lazy-Crazy'. He's a beagle. I don't have any pictures of him, because he's afraid of cameras.

One budgie, three chickens (probably more soon), one kitten, one cat, one other cat who isn't ours but wants us to feed her anyway (she's the mother of our kitten), and several neighbourhood cats who seem to think they can just drop in on our yard whenever they want, and run away when we approach.

Buddy the Half-Pomeranian and Half-Chihuahua. (M)
Snickers the pure-bred double-dapple Dachshund. (M)
Tigger the Cat. (M)
Digits the Tarantula. (F)
Spot the Ball-Python. (...? M?)
Nibbler the Ferret. (M)
Spaz(rat) the Ferret. (M)
Squawk the Parakeet. (M)
Stormy the Parakeet. (M)
Oreo the Rat. (M)
Summer the Goat. (F)
Fish tank of fish... (F..M...??)

'Tas all I know of.

A female Traditional Siamese cat. She has a weird eye though it's not the typical cross-eye byproduct of the albino allele.