Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Agent_Ash

Beautiful Doom -- 4.7 released!

That's great news, I absolutely love beautiful doom :D

But why did you tone down the blood? When I play beautiful doom with sprite blood only, I can barely see any blood flying. It's sometimes hard to tell if I hit anything :/
Would be very nice if you could add more blood to the blood for next version! Please? :)

Well, I don't know if there is something wrong with my config or something, but here is a comparison:

[pic deleted]

With dbeaut46 I can barely see where (and if) I have hit the imp. With pistol, there is hardly any blood at all when I shoot the imp. With Nashgore for example, it is very obvious that I've hit that guy ;)

Nashgore uses thick pieces that fly off hit enemies, spurting blood around. In BD when an enemy is hit, blood spurts out of it in several spatters. Sure it doesn't look that thick (not that it was ever intended), but the amount is greater and it's more realistic. Nashgore got some nice sprites, but its effects are pretty silly.

Revenant's rocket behaviour does not differ from orignial. Complain about its accuracy to id.

All right, I considered blood for a while and I think in a way I agree. So I added some additional animation and sprites to those points from which blood spatters are actually spawned (as these are separate actors), and now you'll be able to see it all better, though the actual amount of blood remains the same.

Very cool, thanks :)

Can't wait to see it! Beautiful Doom is my standard wad that I always load. Playing without alternate SSG & Chaingun fire is so painful now ^^

Is there any possibility that you bring back the double pistol with an additional wad like the assault rifle? Or is that out for good?

See no real point in Dual Pistols. I increased Pistol's firerate by 2 tics, which already makes it much more useful. I can increase it even further by 3 tics, but then Imps have almost no chance to hurl a fireball when under pistol fire, which makes the whole thing kinda imbalanced.

Very cool, definitely my favourite doom mod :D

I'm also happy with the new blood effects! Very well done!

The only "bug" I've found is the player plasma balls leave green marks on the walls?

Anyway, totally awesome mod, thumbs up! :)

No. He. Doesn't.

I'm not stupid too. I made the mod, you know. What version of GZDoom are you using? If it's 1.2.02, thow it away, it's full of bugs. If it's development version, the same. I don't use betas, I don't make for betas.

What is shown on your screenshot is I don't even know what sprite. Seems like scaled down BFS1A0, which is never mentioned in my DECALDEF. I don't even know how it's possible. Maybe you're trying to launch several versions of BD at once? Like, you know, "gzdoom.exe -file beautifuldoom/*.wad", when there are several wads there. I don't know.

Calm down, I'm not trying to piss anyone off with those reports. I'm using latest GZDoom 1.3.17 final release from 29 November 2009.

I'm not pissed, I'm just parodying you :)

Like I said, I have not the slightest idea how that can be possible. I'll try to look into it.

All right, I found a way to fix this, although I STILL don't know what's the reason for this problem. I reuploaded the file.

This add on is very good. And i don't usually like add ons.

Well done for all the hard work. :)

OK, I figured it out, they needed even more gravity. I just don't understand why they keep changing various numbers in new versions of the port. Anyway, I reuploaded the file, the footsteps work. They may be buggy in older port versions, however (may sound when you're in mid-air). I won't label it as 4.8, just fix and change release date.

Jekyll Grim Payne said:

There's one change among powerups.[/b] I'm sick and tired of Doom so-called Invisibility, which mostly does only bad, as enemies start firing projectiles in unexpected directions. So, Partial Invisibility is replaces by Complete Invisibility. When you pick it up, you get completely invisible for 30 seconds, but the usage of any weapon reveals your for about 2 seconds, so this powerup is generally useless in combat but great in running away.

Yeah, about that, I get the idea but it seems to make monsters act funny. When you're invisible they stay in their spawn state and continually make their See sound. Seeing all the Mancubi on MAP07 stuck in a grunting loop was amusing though. Still, it's not what I expected.

I had an idea: how about in the next version I include three wads: bdoommns, bdoomwpn and bdoomdec, with separate replacements for monsters, weapons and decorative objects respectively, that could be used independently or together?

I'm glad to inform you, that the separation process is going fine. All three wads will be released in one zip, but then anyone'll be able to use them separately. Also, I think I'll re-release Bad Guns 2 and release the coming Russian Arsenal for this new version, so that both these new mods will be usable both with Beautiful Doom and without it.

There are certain minor issues, however. First, the general size of the mod will be slightly increased, because a number of sounds, sprites and lumps will be present in more than one wad (e.g. enhanced blood will be inside the wad with Monsters, but inside the wad with Weapons too, same goes for empty casings). I'm also not sure about lumps overlapping. E.g. if you launch several wads simultaneously, and many of them contain SNDINFOs, will the game read only one SNDINFO from the latest wad used, or will it read all SNDINFOs? I don't know. I know that the game can read all KEYCONFs, that's why all wads inside Beautiful Doom will have KEYCONFs, but they'll be slightly different.

On the whole this idea will look like this:
BDoom_Weapons.wad will contain:
weapons and ammo
Berserk replacement (necessary for Fist replacement)
player code
DECALDEF
necessary part of KEYCONF (weapon binds and Zoom key)
SNDINFO
GLDEFS
TITLEPIC
ACS with functions related Trails (weapon debris, trails, casings)

BDoom_Monsters.wad:
monsters
gore (blood, gibs)
monster projectiles
GLDEFS
TITLEPIC
SNDINFO
DECALDEF
ACS with functions related to Blood, Gibs, Trails and Flames

BDoom_Objects.wad:
misc objects, gory objects (impaled bodies, etc.)
inventory items replacemetns (armor, powerups, keys)
some gore objects (basic gibs code, blood)
enhanced liquid textures and flats
splashes and flat landing/footstep sounds
TERRAIN
SNDINFO
GLDEFS
TITLEPIC

Note #1: you'll only be able to hear footsteps if you use both BDoom_Weapons and BDoom_Objects wads.
Note #2: if you only use BDoom_Weapons.wad, the blooddrops will be silent.
Note #3: if you only use BDoom_Monsters.wad, enemies will drop weapon casings when shooting, although your own weapons won't.

All right. I've done it. But I don't want to upload it here, as it may require some testing, so I need a place where I can upload it, preferably, not some average lousy free hosting. Any ideas?