Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
E'Trigan

Can not get additional textures to work

Have used DoomCAD for years - just switched to DB 1 & 2. I add the additional texture, DB finds it when I select from the visual table, and I save my WAD; no errors. When I run Doom2 (using Doom95 Launcher), I get these messages and Doom aborts:

I_Error says:
R_TextureNumForName: PLANET1 not found

Doom2 is a full version. I can run WADs I downloaded that have alternate textures; just mine do not work.

Just because you tell Doom Builder to use an additional texture PWAD does not place those textures in your map PWAD.

You either need to run your map with the graphics pack loaded
doom2 -file d1gfgxd2.wad mymap.wad
or merge the texture pack into your WAD with a tool like XWE or SlumpEd.

If you want to use multiple texture packs, then be prepared to learn about the TEXTURE1 and PNAMES lumps. In that case, you're probably better to just use a large texture pack like the CC4 resources.

One question - there is NO documentation on how to use SLumpEd. Can you point me to some info on how to use SLumpEd to merge in alternate wad pack? Thanks for your assistance.

Super Jamie said:

Just because you tell Doom Builder to use an additional texture PWAD does not place those textures in your map PWAD.

You either need to run your map with the graphics pack loaded
doom2 -file d1gfgxd2.wad mymap.wad
or merge the texture pack into your WAD with a tool like XWE or SlumpEd.

If you want to use multiple texture packs, then be prepared to learn about the TEXTURE1 and PNAMES lumps. In that case, you're probably better to just use a large texture pack like the CC4 resources.

That's exactly what I was going to say! And I downloaded SlumpEd being unaware of XWE at the time and grown attached to SlumpED. It made me a WAD consisting of CoTeCiO's Doom music remakes for Ultimate Doom and his "Nazi Rap" replacing D_EVIL. Nazi Rap goes shockingly well with Doom.