Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Genki

Changing the size of monsters

hi guys,having fun?
ok,i played a heretic wad called hocx,and in each final level i encounter a giant monster.
how can i do such thing,i checked xwe and dehacked for monster properties i found height,then changed it but nothing special,please help.
thanx in advance.

Besides changing both the height and radius you'll also need to scale the sprite. If you do a scale of 2.0 the monster will be twice as big, etc. So go from there, andif you want you can scale the width and height seperately using ScaleX and ScaleY

EDIT: I'm assuming this was done using ZDoom, assuming my memor serves me right and Hordes of Chaos was meant for that port.

And for future reference use proper grammar and spelling, it will help people understand you better ;)

Try selecting monsters in Doom Builder and hitting the capslock key. It makes them bigger.

myk said:

Try selecting monsters in Doom Builder and hitting the capslock key. It makes them bigger.

Is it sad that I actually just tried that?

Heh, it was a joke, but the joke's out of context now because a mod edited the thread title, that used to be all caps.

myk said:

Heh, it was a joke, but the joke's out of context now because a mod edited the thread title, that used to be all caps.

Ahah, I get it now...

inb4ph

To change the size of a monster, you have to change the size of the sprite itself. With some ports you may need to actually enlarge the sprite itself. Some ports support scaling through special lumps. So are you using a port? If so which one?

thank you so much,other thing,
how can you make a monster throw 5 fireballs instead of 1?

With skulltag you can edit the DECORATE lump to scale a monster. For example adding scale 0.5 to a monster definition will make it half size, whereas adding scale 2.0 will make it twice as large.

I think you're better off referencing the ZDoom wiki for some of these. Adding 5 fireballs is easy, look it up!

Patrick said:

With skulltag you can edit the DECORATE lump to scale a monster. For example adding scale 0.5 to a monster definition will make it half size, whereas adding scale 2.0 will make it twice as large.

I think you're better off referencing the ZDoom wiki for some of these

I said:

Besides changing both the height and radius you'll also need to scale the sprite. If you do a scale of 2.0 the monster will be twice as big, etc.

:P

But like Patrick said, the ZDoom Wikiwill help you figure out what you need to do. The section you want to look at specifically is the improving monsters with decorate section, although first you might want to look at DECORATE coding for the imp in order to see how throwing one fireball in DECORATE works. Then work your way up from there. Use the Wiki search function for other examples and articles.