Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
XonToR

DOOM Bridges with floor texture / Level searching which had that.

Hello all DOOMers out there. I'm now about to create new DOOM Levels and i'm searching for a level, that has a bridge and this bridge could be walked over AND under. The floor of the bridge was TEXTURED, NO CROSSBARS. I don't know where i downloaded this level, but now i'm searching for it cause i wanna create such bridges in my new levels, too but without crossbars. I wanna create bridges with floor textures. If someone has seen this level, too - please report to this topic. Otherwisely - report, how to create such bridges, if you know how i can do that. Thank you all for your help. Thanks, XonToR

I think you're talking about any EDGE level. EDGE is a version of the Doom engine that allows multiple floors to be stacked. There are a fair amount of EDGE levels floating around that all use this feature. You can check the EDGE Homepage for tutorials and demo WADs on how to do this.

Doom Legacy is another sourceport of the Doom engine that has a 3D floors feature, but I'm not sure if it's done differently than EDGE or not. I have never used it myself.

If you want to see a lot of EDGE's other features as well as 3D floors being put to good use, head over to Fanatic's Asylum and download the QDOOM Public Test.

I know Wildman also had an excellent EDGE level out, but I can't find his homepage at the moment.

"TimeSlip", MAP28, Eternal DOOM has a bridge with a textured floor. This is an "old school" DOOM2 trick.

Paul Schmitz

P.S. Newbie? LOL. :)

Yes, it's an old trick... I think I first time paid attention to it was when playing Requiem... Iikka Keränen used that and other 3d-tricks a lot in that megawad! I didnt fully understand all about level making tricks (like modifying the sector that the linedef belongs to, etc.) back then but one effect that I learned to make was a 3d-bridge with floor texture on it...

I've already done a 3D Bridge for DooM Legacy. Thanks anyway. My project is - new levels for DooM Legacy. Check out my site: http://www.geocities.com/stairfound/Index.html

arent they done by putting a silent invisible lift on it....that like lowers before you get under the bridge, but doesnt lower when you walk over it?

They are done by some special sectors. I've read a Tutorias about 3D Bridges for DooM Legacy somewhere, dunno where but i think i can find the link to this tutorial once gain.