Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
printz

Eternity now crashes

On loading a PWAD containing only an EMAPINFO (for one map), an extradata lump (for one map), a GAMESCR, an OPTIONS lump, and several EDF lumps specifying custom things and sound sequences, the newer Eternity SVN builds (from #888 upwards) crash at startup.

I hope, for example, that OPTIONS isn't version dependent.

Edit: looking on the default Eternity.cfg for Doom2 (for example), the names and the descriptions are messed up once again.
Edit: I discarded the "Options" lump, but it still crashes.

Edit: Now this is something. I renamed all the relevant data lumps to nonsensical names, but upon loading the WAD, Eternity still crashes. The wad in question only contains text mode lumps. I also am able to recognize it very well with XWE, and Doom2.exe has no qualms about loading it, so I don't think it's corrupted.

There's no need for that. I've just made a new file with XWE, and created a couple of irrelevant lumps, each filled with arbitrary content from my keyboard. Eternity crashes.

Apparently it crashes if I forget the .wad extension. Hm.

I'm sorry but this is too garbled and inspecific for me to even get any sense out of it. Try to narrow down the cause of the crash, or I cannot help you. And please do not waste time trying to speculate on the cause of it. It's my job to figure that out.

It crashes at startup if I try to load certain wads, without including at the command line the .wad extension.

Here's an example of a wad that crashes Eternity without me using .wad at the command line: http://www.speedyshare.com/files/19949631/e4m3spid.wad (don't try to actually play it; it requires certain resources).

But for example Alien Vendetta, or my own textures/sounds wad for a project do NOT crash Eternity.