Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Super Jamie

The Christmas 2009 Thread

Maes said:

Beware. She may "learn" about doom from watching cybie videos on youtube, and await you with a BIG surprise.

I think you are the only one in danger of that, o actual poster of Cybie vides. And you're Greek, so you'd love it anyway :D

Maes said:

...the guy in the red dress was invented by Coca Cola in the early 20th century.

Not exactly. While Coca-Cola helped to solidify the modern image of Santa, the red and white clad appearance was a popular design years before Coke's first Santa ad appeared. Not only that, the concept of Santy as we know it is an amalgam of one Saint Nicholas of Myra and various different legends and customs.

Jodwin said:

Sad and sick "Christmas" image

Entartete kunst.

I've been in Irkutsk, Russia since the beginning of September and I fly out tomorrow morning (Christmas day here) to meet my family in Korea. Not much to say beyond that, except that it'll be nice to see them all again...

I wish you all a happy non-denominational conservative gift giving winter holiday!

Fuck it, Merry Christmas!

Well as we speak I am currently downing a sixth bottle of beer for the evening. Gifts have been bought for all family members, plus a few for good friends out-of-state. I know for a fact when neighbors and others come for dinner tomorrow that I shall use the holiday as an excuse to drink away any strange, sad/awkward feelings I have at the time :P It's never the same without a loved one you've had your whole life, but that's not what bothers me. It's just the inherent awkwardness implemented by those who think you are feeling so much more down than you appear.

Either way, Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!!!
[/Christmas Eve]

I second the Merry Christmas to all of Doomworld. Sadly my brother couldn't make it back, his flight from Minneapolis was canceled. And I'm not going to be able to see my family due to a blizzard/winter storm. But at least I have cigarettes, vodka, and a warm house. I hope that those of you who still like your family get a chance to be with them. If you don't like your family, then have a happy extra day off.

Merry Christmas!

I fell asleep downstairs and I just woke up and it looks like Santa already came!

Can't wait to sit in my leopard Snuggie and play the Gran Turismo 5 demo on my new PS3.

Of course the game is on the CD! I just hauled my Orange Box out to reinstall. I got the motivation to install Steam since I just bought Borderlands and got the DLC. Now I also wanna get some Half-Life 2 mods.

A Mary Christmas to all -- and to all a good knight!

what i meant was steam tries to download the game when it should know I HAVE THE CD IN THE COMPUTER. why cant it just install from that?

It's been Christmas here for 5 hours and I STILL haven't gone to sleep (yes, 5 AM, fuck insomnia and Tower Defense flash games).

Happy Give Crap to People Day!

I got a portable weight set, a vehicle emergency kit, and a toothbrush. I got everyone else gift cards, cd's and movies. This christmas sucks.

40oz said:

This christmas sucks.

Welcome to manhood. Also you got a Doom t-shirt so shut it.

40oz said:

I got a portable weight set, a vehicle emergency kit, and a toothbrush. I got everyone else gift cards, cd's and movies. This christmas sucks.

Hey, I got jack-shit.

40oz said:

Hey, I got a vehicle emergency kit too! And I'm still having fun using it in any other means possible than to escape from a sinking car :P

Didn't want much for Christmas and got some pretty good/cool stuff, so I'm happy :)

Use3D said:

Welcome to manhood. Also you got a Doom t-shirt so shut it.

Hey now, that doesn't count. The whole "don't complain about your Christmas presents because you just had a birthday" argument is BS. People with birthdays in other part of the year get a full birthday and Christmas.

Anyway, I got:

PS3
    Modern Warfare 2
    LittleBigPlanet: Game of the Year Edition (ModNation Racers beta key YEAH)
    Leopard Snuggie
Just found out this morning PS3 only comes with composite video cable, and I'm quite upset. Gonna see if anywhere's open that can sell me some HD compatible cables.

Amongst other things, I got a PSP and a beard trimmer. That's good enough for me.