Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stupid Bunny

It's been the new year for 17 minutes here in Korea, so I figured I'd start a "Happy new year" type thread. I hope everybody here has a good year ahead of them.

What are people's plans, resolutions, etc. for the new year? I'll post mine as soon as I have time to...

I've never been one for resolutions and none of my plans ever work out how I want, so fuck it. I'll just bumble through life like I always do.

I should be partying pretty hard tonight, two pre-drinks gatherings, a night out and then a house party.

I've still got 13.5 hours so my party hasn't even started yet. Happy new year though! I've got a good feeling about this one.

I plan to release my Doom magnum opus this year.

Krispavera said:

I plan to release my Doom magnum opus this year.

YAY!

I'm hoping that the project that I've been working on for the last two years will be releasable too, but on the other hand it's a community project so it's entirely contingent on everyone else's contributions. :(

Oh well.

StupidBunny said:

plans

Spending three months in Japan, trying to get a summer job and thus hopefully getting my bachelor's degree.

And finishing Claus2.

Have a day of work ahead of me, then I'm going over to my friend's house to hang out. Probably not going to party too hard because he has to get up for a skiing trip the next day and my Mormon friend is likely going to be there (might try to get a kiss from her though).

Tomorrow I'm going to pay my credit card bill off in full which hopefully will be an auspicious beginning to an awesome year. I plan on applying for college soon and quitting my painful dead-end job as soon as I have the opportunity. Hopefully, my friend who is opening up a gaming store will need help and I can get a job with him. Also, hopefully I can find some cute single chicks in college. That would be awesome. Also, I need to start losing some weight. Gained too much over the holidays (like usual). Now I'm going to get myself some cheap running shoes, a scale, and possibly some sweatpants so I can start working out for serious.

nb4 "My New Year's Resolution is 1152x864 lolololol"

For New Years, I resolve to not be the lazy jackass I was in highschool in order to do the best I can in college.

Simple as that, but it's probably the first resolution I will ever keep.

i find news years resolutions to be useless, so this year my news years resolution is not to have a new years resolution...

...see? ive already broke it by having a new years resolution! i told you they were useless.

I'm just excited to say Twenty Ten, because every time someone says Two Thousand Ten I wanna punch them in the face.

I only hope to quit smoking this year. Everything else is up to how I'm feeling on any given day.

I hope to make my magnum opus as well this year. Still 9 and a half-hours until it hits MA.

I got a feeling 2010 is gonna be great. I don't believe in luck and all that crap but I had a feeling 2006 would suck before it hit and on Jan 1st a pet died. But yeah, good feeling about 2010...

My resolution is to do one comic panel per day! (Though this may be replaced by either one page of text story per day, one block illustration per day, or one page of comic script per day. Coloured comic panels will be given 2 days because they take longer and i usually end up virtually re-drawing them entirely in photoshop)

I always complain of having too many ideas for comics and stories, and not enough time to draw or write them, when in fact i'm just too lazy. Lets try and end 2010 with not enough ideas to draw!

Danarchy said:
nb4 "My New Year's Resolution is 1152x864 lolololol"

I just bought a new monitor, so 1920x1200 hurr duurr

Plans: Continue with school; get G2 driver's licence.

Resolution: Cut back on the racism. Though my brand is more joking and ironic, it's just not something that'll be tolerated in my field of work (law).

I'm still debating going out clubbing tonight or stay home. I have the whole house to myself for once. I should go out and get a bottle of rum in any case.

here in sweden, its 1 hour and 45 minutes 'till 2010, and in im my grandmothers cellar, at the computer, it sux overhere. happy new year :D

Steeveeo said:

For New Years, I resolve to not be the lazy jackass I was in highschool in order to do the best I can in college.

Simple as that, but it's probably the first resolution I will ever keep.

This will be the hardest resolution you will ever try to keep. Trust me, when the school year starts, you're not going to want to do anything. And since you have the freedom not to, you wont.

I'll be doing the usual, watching the ball drop on Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve in between watching some of the Twilight Zone marathon.

2010 better be better than 2009. I can't wait for ModNation Racers and Gran Turismo 5. If they turn out to be disappointing I'm going to have to smack someone.

Plans:

Get my damn XBox fixed and modded
Get my Saturn modded
Get Doctor V64 for my N64
Create a Doom source port for Dreamcast and Saturn based on Boom or Doom Legacy.

Resolution:
Actually carry through on any projects I say I'll do

My thought on resolutions (which I eagerly voice to every disinterested acquaintance who makes the error of broaching the subject) is that there is no point at which one should stop attempting to improve oneself, and therefore to resolve to make some change on merely one day instead of on all three-hundred-sixty-five is foolish and weak.

I might win the prize for "lamest new years plan" - the party I'm going to will also be attended by my parents. At least they'll be drinking.

Just arrived to Spain, probably most boring and generic new year party ever, but it's how it should be, it's nothing that special.

The new year's 15 hours old here and so far seems no different to it's predecessor - apart from a batch of new calendars. I propose that we celebrate future new years on the solstice (where it belongs) instead of the church-appointed day.