Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Phml

Phmlspd demos (Boom, -complevel 9)

Phmlspd map03 UV speed in 2:35

PrBoom+ 2.5.0.5
-complevel 9
HUD used

First attempt at UV speed, and got something decent. Of course, I mean decent for my puny human skills. Doomgod I am not. :)

ph03-235.zip

Phmlspd map04 UV speed in 0:45

PrBoom+ 2.5.0.5
-complevel 9
HUD used

This one uses a completely different route than the other, thanks to an AV jump.

ph04-045.zip

Your Map05 has a REJECT lump of size 0. Since demos with REJECT 0 always desynch, PrBoom+ adds a REJECT with all 0s to memory during play and playback. Boom itself doesn't do anything, so it records useless demos and desynchs when playing demos recorded with PrBoom+. You can fix this issue with ZenNode by replacing the REJECT size 0 lump with one that has all 0s instead, as in your Map04, without modifying anything else, like this:

ZENNODE.exe -rz -b- -n- [path]\phmlspd.wad map05 -o [outputwad]

The fixed WAD produced in the ZenNode directory will effectively run the above demos in both PrBoom+ and Boom, and not just the former.

Phmlspd Map06 UV Max in 11:38

PrBoom+ 2.5.0.6
-complevel 9
HUD used

It gets random near the end, as I suck at killing cyberdemons and scrounge for BFG ammo.

ph06-1138.zip

Did my own UV-Max for phmlspd map 6. Time for the run is 11:21. Still plenty of scope for improvement here. Getting as many cybies as possible to clean up the trash while you're in the elevator going for the RSK seems like a good idea here.

ph061121.zip

Phmlspd map06 UV Max in 8:56

PrBoom+ 2.5.0.6
-complevel 9
HUD used

I'm happy with it. Might try to get under 8:30 though, if only by making enough attempts so nothing gets stuck in the mancubus room.

ph06-856.zip

Phmlspd map06 UV Max in 8:39

PrBoom+ 2.5.0.6
-complevel 9
HUD used

Faster, yet lots of small mistakes. Extremely lucky infighting - not many monsters left once I get out of the elevator.

ph06-839.zip

Excellent ! I knew sub 8 min was possible, although I personally don't have the skills to make it happen. Awesome demo.

Where to get this WAD : http://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/49008-speedmapping-attempt-doom-2-levels-for-boom-compatible-ports/

It's a work in progress, with a new map (and link in the post linked to) weekly.

Starting with a bad (!!!) demo : Map07 UV Max in 15:12

It could, and should be done much faster, but I've died so many times early on playing aggressively I just wanted to get a slow, safe run done. If anything, it makes a good base to see which parts can be improved.

The general strategy I'd use to go faster would be to just kill the mancubii, skip the cybies/caco swarm, get the keys ASAP, kill the arachnotrons, and then use the ammo caches and infighting at the red/yellow door to kill as much stuff as possible, then moving on to the final room.

Easier said than done...

ph07-1512.zip

In a similar vein, here's a so-so UV speed in 5:07. In the final room, I got my mind stuck on going from the top for some reason and ran around helplessly, not knowing what to do, while stuff was infighting. Truth be told, it wouldn't work to just rush to the exit right away as the insides of that circle thingy is filled with revenants and barons, so maybe running around helplessly *was* the thing to do in that situation.

It might be better to grab the BFG even when going for speed.

ph07-507.zip