• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Georgef551

Holiday Display You GOT to See!

Super Jamie said:

That actually is really impressive.

That's why I -HAD- to video this for YouTube. There's so many people that have to see this, that don't live anywhere near it.
It's also been featured numerous times on the local news over the years, especially during the '80's. The register has people from as far as Tokyo that went through. Amazing how far people come to meet family, and stop by to look at this.

To answer the age question, next year, will be Charpentier's 100'th birthday. I hope he goes for the Guiness record! :)

ok, stop! The only thing you're accomplishing is making me want to make a scary mod where you go down and elevator and your creepy picture shows up.

STOP POSTING ELEVATOR SHIT

edit: ok fine the video isn't an elevator but w/e. Neat carvings.

We have a guy near us that does something similar every Christmas. He works for the local hospital and one of the things he is involved in is making tailored glass fibre moulded seats (etc) for disabled people so that their chairs and other support items fit them perfectly. He has used this skill (and others) to make plaster and glass fibre ornaments for his garden, very similar in style to the ones in the video. Most years, his garden is absolutely full of moulded figures and nearby gardens get his previous years models. Like your guy, people come from all over to take a look. He's been doing it for many years too but he is nowhere near 100.

[edit] Unfortunately these pictures don't do the displays justice http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/low/scotland/north_east/6173729.stm [/edit]

Georgef551 said:

That's a Schindler MT.

Heh, a friend and I were laughing at that manufacturers name a few days ago when we noticed that we were in Schindler's Lift.

Yes, but did Otis ever have a world famous list? No, he just sat around on the dock of the bay watching the tide roll away. :P

Enjay said:

Heh, a friend and I were laughing at that manufacturers name a few days ago when we noticed that we were in Schindler's Lift.

Worse yet, we have Cleveland brand steamers at work. :|

Enjay said:

We have a guy near us that does something similar every Christmas. He works for the local hospital and one of the things he is involved in is making tailored glass fibre moulded seats (etc) for disabled people so that their chairs and other support items fit them perfectly. He has used this skill (and others) to make plaster and glass fibre ornaments for his garden, very similar in style to the ones in the video. Most years, his garden is absolutely full of moulded figures and nearby gardens get his previous years models. Like your guy, people come from all over to take a look. He's been doing it for many years too but he is nowhere near 100.

[edit] Unfortunately these pictures don't do the displays justice http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/low/scotland/north_east/6173729.stm [/edit]

Those looked good too! Granted, the small images take away from the look, but you can still see the raw talent he has.