Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DuckReconMajor

Yo Aussiez

If this opened near you (and you were legal drinking age), would you go there?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. If this opened near you (and you were legal drinking age), would you go there?

• Sure, why not?
    • Nah

You heard of this yet?

I know several of you are in Australia (though I only know of Super Jamie living in Brisbane, and yes, I know you're not going to traverse your entire countrinent just to go there). I think it's an interesting concept. Just wondering if it's something you're looking forward to or if you're already turning your noses up at it. Though I'm sure that blue (I'm guessing "mana") drink would probably taste pretty bad.

I wonder: how hard would it be to go in on an off day while no one's looking, stick XBLA Doom on a 360, and play some split screen? That would be awesome.

This is in the suburb I work in! And only like 2 train stops from home anyway.

Probably a good choice of location as Krome Studios have an office here with a few hundred people, you see scruffy guys with nerdy t-shirts walking around at lunch all the time. Krome just had a bunch of redundancy layoffs so I wonder if this is some ex-game-programmers a making business for themselves?

Interesting that Yahtzee is involved, I see him round a bit too. He gives the impression of hating people even more than I do, liar :P

I'll check it out when it opens. I wonder what street it's on.

You!
I wanna take you to a game bar,
I wanna take you to a game bar,
I wanna take you to a game bar, game bar, game bar.

;)

I'm assuming that place would be 18+, so if I were of age (and living in Brisbane rather than Sydney) I'd probably go, if only to try it out.

Doom Dude said:

Keep your Aussie huntsman spiders away..... far away... :p

They might be huge but they are harmless. It's the drop bears you have to worry about.

Chicks would totally dig this place.

I can see the sign out front after 2 months..

Membership:
Guys: $15
Girls: $15 $10 $5 FREE We pay you!!! please come

@Kyka, I find your lack of girl gamer faith disturbing. There are girl gamers that exist outside of anime

Patrick said:

@Kyka, I find your lack of girl gamer faith disturbing. There are girl gamers that exist outside of anime

Yeah, but you have to admit girl gamers are hard to find and the stereotypical gamer is a lonely acme ridden geek... I'm still trying to get my Legend of Zelda obsessed girlfriend into doom.

Sergeant_Mark_IV said:

Drinks and games? What a nice combine. I would for sure, if I was Australian.

Seconded, but would prefer PC Doom not console...I'm terrible in FPS games with a controller.

I'll be moving to brisbane in year or so, so I'll make a point of checking it out (assuming it still exists).

Planky said:

I'll be moving to brisbane in year or so, so I'll make a point of checking it out (assuming it still exists).

Yeah, I dont know why but game cafes or internet cafes usually dont last long. Makes me sad...

Heh, Fortitude Valley is an awesome place to hang out through the night. Always wanted to live in Brisbane but probably won't happen soon with university starting and shit.

Ninjalah said:

Yeah, I dont know why but game cafes or internet cafes usually dont last long. Makes me sad...

Simply because too few people would want to be caught dead there. I'm not trying to be sarcastic or anything, but I find most people interested in gaming tend not to be drinkers as well.

I consider myself a gamer, though not a heavy one. I tend to shun my 'nerd/geek' side as I view it as a negative trait, lord knows why. Even still, I can appreciate others who do embrace it and one day I might change.

I read that url as manbar. Its opening on my birfday.

Also, Super Jamie is a google maps stalker.

Planky said:

manbar

No, but that's the next street over. Apparently downstairs is a normal dance club, upstairs is all secret gestures and glory holes. PTC I have never been there.

Also, I don't like to leave the house :P

Super Jamie said:

No, but that's the next street over. Apparently downstairs is a normal dance club, upstairs is all secret gestures and glory holes. PTC I have never been there.

Also, I don't like to leave the house :P

Haha, "free entry".

Anyway, I hear there's a large gaming industry there, so it just might work. I wish they'd make something like that here in Seattle. :/

Got the lowdown on this place from a mate, the founders are mostly ex-Pandemic employees. The venue seats about 50, it's a really small bar.

The weird thing is, I'd go to a place like this to play some games with friends. So say you're all sitting around a table, there's a screen at one end, all nice and cosy. Looking at the photos on the Facebook group, they just have screens lined up against a wall and you stand or sit on stools and play in front of everyone.

Kinda alienating but I assume it'll be mostly patroned by the usual Brisbane gaming scene who constantly do LANs and are used to playing around each other anyway.

The thread's title always wanted me to post a very stereotypical "...let's slip another shrimp on the barbie!"

Ironically, that's probably the least Australian saying ever. They are called "prawns" here, nobody says "shrimp" :P