Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doom_marine666

What is your most hated demon in Doom?

Sergeant_Mark_IV said:

Weird.I remember having to shoot her 2 to 4 times to kill it.

(Maybe I missed some shoots)

You need to hit her at an angle to 1shot her.

eargosedown said:

You need to hit her at an angle to 1shot her.

Not even at an angle, you can look at her dead on the face (you just need to see her whole body for all the tracers to hit).

Mithral_Demon said:

Not even at an angle, you can look at her dead on the face (you just need to see her whole body for all the tracers to hit).

Actually, because of the way Doom's hitboxes work, if you hit it at a 45 degree angle(to the map grid, not the monster) more of your tracers will hit it.

Mithral_Demon said:

This is rare and unreliable unless you use a source port that has modified the way hitscan attacks operate. Normally, too many tracers miss due to the way the blockmap is handled in respect to the attacks.

Play E3 in one go and the spiderdemon will become pretty easy because of the BFG. Do that with ZDoom or something like that and it'll be even easier. You'll actually get hit a bit more by the spiderdemon as well in the latter case, but since the BFG inflicts a huge amount of damage, the result is by far an advantage for the player.

Playing E3M8 from scratch is another matter, though.

Jodwin said:

True. But the great thing about arch-viles is that their attack isn't all they've got. The resurrecting ability is one of the best things in the whole Doom bestiary.

(of course their ability to attack from behind other monsters is cool too...)

Their resurrecting ability, although a great strength, is also one of their great weaknesses. They're completely defenseless when resurrecting and can be killed quite easily.

Of all the non-boss custom monsters, the two that absolutely piss me off the most are the Hades Elemental because of that homing lightning attack and the Tornado Demon because of that spinning attack of his. (He's invulnerable while he's in his tornado form, and he does it more often than I want him to most of the time.)

aldiboronti said:

Their resurrecting ability, although a great strength, is also one of their great weaknesses. They're completely defenseless when resurrecting and can be killed quite easily.

Yeah it would be cool if they were modified so that they won't resurrect when the player has LOS with them. Although you could still take advantage of that, it would give it a little more depth.

Non-custom - Chaingunners are WAY overused in Plutonia and can be annoying. Oh, and Pain Elementals.

Custom - SSG guy and Volt Soldier gave me a hard time in Volt Elite forces.

The only enemies i REALLY disliked in Doom and Doom 2 is the Lost Soul and Pain Elemental. I liked the Lost Soul in Doom 1 (Doom and Ultimate Doom), it kinda scared me back in the day, but thanks to the goddamned Pain Elemental in Doom 2 i just can't stand those bloody things and they stopped being scary. I don't think i need to explain my reasons.

Lost Soul and Pain Elementals,
I hate those fraggen things and most of the time i use the rocket(not very much) a lost soul flys at me.

darkreaver said:

Just wanna pop in and say: I hated revenants before, now I love them!

Love and Pain, sometimes the same.

I. Hate. REVENANTS!!

Seriously. They're fast and it's hard to hit, those freaking homing fireballs are always making me retreat and hide, and he is the most used in hordes in slaughter maps, making them even harder!

Pain elementals have got to be my worst.
I don't know why but i always find them hard because i love to blow them up with a rocket launcher but they keep firing lost souls at me and by the time i've pressed fire the lost soul is right infront of me, therefore blowing it and myself to putty... :/

In groups - the spider mastermind if its among others,

Alone - zombieman, the biggest waste of time ever

In groups of other types of monsters - Cyberdemon, trying to target it and something else gets in the way

Ribo Zurai said:

I. Hate. REVENANTS!!

Seriously. They're fast and it's hard to hit, those freaking homing fireballs are always making me retreat and hide, and he is the most used in hordes in slaughter maps, making them even harder!

Practice sidestepping the rockets, honestly it's not that hard.

Fucking Revenant! All they do is come in , blast your ass to space and sometimes there isn't cover!

Mancubus always gave me headaches. Dude's a damage sponge and he has homing rockets. Ugly too.

I hate archviles; 900 HP and so fast and skinny they're gonna eat up lots of ammo. Whatever they revive just eats up more ammo.

I also hate that one Revenant missile that you thought hit the wall behind you just to have it explode in your back anyway.

Pilaf said:

Mancubus always gave me headaches. Dude's a damage sponge and he has homing rockets. Ugly too.

His rockets don't home, they're set up at an angle where you're most likely to strafe to get hit.

Remember, the combo is left-right-left. if you really need practice, go play Dead Simple and stand in the middle, and just practice dodging.

Hmmm....
maybe its that SpiderDemon´s, they have that machinegun thing with them... But i would say it could be Revenant (tough it is funny)
Im not sure :s