Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
KuriKai

Doom high resoltion texture pack 20100114 release

After a year of no releases the Doom high resolution texture pack 20100114 has been released.

Included in this pack is:
a fix for the midbars transparency problem
sky2 for doom2
sw1skin
sw2skin
some new star*** textures (note I'm not sure how they look in ports that don't support shinemaps)
new grass textures
and more textures I might have forgotten about
get it from here http://forums.yaa.dk/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=69

You know I think a red coloured version of the LAVAx flats might be a better temp for the BLOODx flats than the water like graphics currently used.

The new grass is awfully bright. I'd also say the scale of the grass doesn't match the original flat. Indeed I'd say that about a few of the other flats as well, such as FLAT10 and FLOOR6_2 which could be redone using the more correctly scaled ASHWALLx textures as a base.

SUPPORT2 also remains way too dark.

I also don't think the green marble textures should have shinemaps.

How do you get this to work in GZDoom? I know that on your site it says, "If you want to load it each time you play Doom you can put its name in the 'Doom.Autoload' section of the gzdoom INI file." -- but I'm not quite sure what "name" you're referring to. Do you mean "zd-dhtp-20100114.pk3"? If so, I tried that and it doesn't load. Everything in-game is still the vanilla textures.

kristus said:

just make a skins folder in your GZDoom dir and put the file in there.

That only works for files with a WAD extension and I this is a PK3. There is a way around that, but it's not recommended.

Put a section like this in your ini

[Doom.AutoLoad]
path=c:\doom\name_of_file.pk3

The [Doom.AutoLoad] line should already be there. You just have to supply the next line.

The /skins directory option is for lazy butts who always play the same game.

Otherwise, using the ini autoload option allows you to avoid loading a 500 megabyte hires Doom texture pack when playing Heretic... For example.

Enjay said:

That only works for files with a WAD extension and I this is a PK3. There is a way around that, but it's not recommended.

Put a section like this in your ini

[Doom.AutoLoad]
path=c:\doom\name_of_file.pk3

The [Doom.AutoLoad] line should already be there. You just have to supply the next line.

There we go, that got it workin'. Mucho gracias.

Edit: I see why you said it's "not recommended." It works, but does cause some hitching/lag whenever a new texture comes into view.

Mr. Chris said:

Where is the download? The OP link brings a 404'ed thread.

Link is working fine here, as of 7:06AM EST.