Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cjwright79

Dagobah system?

I suspect that you aren't making doom maps for very long. I suppose its okay for an first effort.

Unusual name though, Star Wars is cool :)

FDA with prboom 2.5.0.5. The exit switch has no action, so you can't exit the level =/ Gameplay was a lot easier than your other maps, as each room's door is a chokepoint and on just about every one I could get half the monsters to infight. As fun as it is to get monster combos going, you have to plan out how fights should go. A traditional fight is the imps on a ledge with hell knights below. The hell knights will keep the player's attention focused on them, while the imps will be the monsters actually whittling down the player's health with their slower, space confining fireballs. Fights with arachnotrons and hitscanners, and especially chaingunners, behind other monsters are usually a lot easier than just the monsters themselves, as many of the monsters will infight with the chaingunners instead of attacking you.

Also experiment more with traps, the revenant closet is just one of the many ways you can trap the player. Go easy on chaingunner closets unless you want to really slaughter the player.

So about the architecture, it's looking better than animasse and another map you made, but it's still very flat. Consider putting in some pits and ledges, or multi-level areas like loading docks in bases. You have a very cool curvy feel to your maps, so try not to go overboard on the base stuff, I've played (and made -.-) quite a few square maps.

I liked the gameplay. Good ammo balance and a fun fight in the 2nd outdoors area. And the floor/ceiling detail in the end looked nice.

The biggest thing I can suggest is to start adding detail on the walls. Computers, support beams/pillars, light sources, etc. really make a difference and are the BEST way to turn a bland looking room into something decent. Just be sure to not go overboard.

Needs more Dagobah, too. :/

It didn`t really look like Dagobah and it was bit too hard for me, but I liked how every wall was round, which was very nice to look at. I wish more doom levels would have this. (=

Here's my FDA. First run dies before the SSG, second run goes straight for the SSG and maxes.

As always, I enjoyed this. You've got a really distinctive, abstract style that is pleasant to see and fun to play. Now make more. :)

Cool. Quick FDA for what is there so far. Nice hectic start with monsters coming at you from everywhere. Ammo seemed perfectly balanced considering the chainsaw. No bugs or issues that I could see. :)

Phml said:

Here's my FDA. First run dies before the SSG, second run goes straight for the SSG and maxes.

Nice demo -- can hardly believe you pulled through on the second attempt!

If Master Yoda doesn't replace the Cyberdemon and doesn't guard the exit of this map then I'm not downloading...
If a lightsaber doesn't replace the chainsaw then I'm not downloading...

Would be fun to slice up Master Yoda with a lightsaber inside the DOOM engine. *sigh*

And for the Force's sake, where is the swamp?!?

DarkJedi188 said:

And for the Force's sake, where is the swamp?!?

I may have to atone for my liberal use of Star Wars phrases with a real Dagobah someday.