Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Joebama

Is there any program out there that can extract each texture...

[Cont.] lump into all separate BMPs?

I would love to know if there was, I REALLY need one that can do that. I like to use a normal photo editor for editing textures.

DeuTex, a command-line app, will dump all the contents of a WAD, or the type of content you specify. You can also use a WAD browser, such as XWE, SlumpEd, or DeepSea, select all the patches, and use "save as". It will save them all with their original lump names but with the BMP (or whatever) extension.

Joebama said:
So, where can I download Deutex? and is it somewhat easy to use?

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=13627

Whether it's easy to use for you depends on how talented you are at using command-line apps.

I find it easy enough, especially with the help of its manual, but I can't say whether you would.

Open the WAD with it. Then it'll show all the lumps in the list to the left. Select all the patches (use shift as you would in Windows) and then look for the "save as" function in the menus (or perhaps a right click will do.) The wall patches are between the P_ (or PP_) markers. WADs can also have ceiling and floor textures called flats. These are between F_ (or FF_) markers.

This might be the point of confusion: the "patches" are themselves the actual image files that you'll want to pull from the wad. The "texture" files are just information that tells the game how to assemble these patches together.

Just one more question...

How can I repack the WAD? and what is the best and easiest program to use for that?

The same programs are used to "unpack" and "repack" the wad (Deutex, XWE and SlumpEd all perform both functions) but "repacking" is just slightly more complicated. What program did you decide to use? Maybe then we can give you the specific steps to go through.

Well, I'm trying to use Wally.

I heard it's really easy to use for packing WADs. I just don't know how to import all the BMPs into a WAD...

Because I would like to have some DOOM textures in Quake.

I'm a really big fan of Quake, And I love mapping for it, so I would like to know how to package a WAD in Wally.

Hm. Well, now that you have your bitmaps, this is less of a Doom editing question and more of a Quake editing question, which isn't really our area of expertise.