Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Young Cyberdemon

Spawning Demons

Do you like finding new cheats on Doom? Well, i have for the past 9 years, since i was just 4 years old. I loved the no clip cheat and all but now i've got bored. I found out there is a summoning demons cheat and i just thought how many hours of fun that would keep me entertained for. Though i can't get the control bar down! I know you have to press summon and then the demon you want to spawn
(eg summon cyberdemon)
So please tell me how to do the cheat, thanks.
(PS i have the very old DOS edition on doom 2 and the ultimate doom for 95 windows).

Do you mean you saw it on a youtube video or something ? It sounds like you're talking about ZDoom, which lets you open a console and summon monsters (for example). You can't do that in vanilla Doom.

You can find Zdoom there : http://zdoom.org/News

The vanilla way would be to make a map with the monster you want to fight already in it.

How do i make a map? (The main reason why i came on this thread was to find new things to play with Doom).
Remember i do have the 1994 DOS version of Doom 2, so it might not be possible.

1) Get a Windows source port for Doom (ZDoom, PrBoom, Skulltag, etc)
2) Learn to make maps
3) ???
4) Play game and made map(s) with aforementioned source port!

ZDoom and ports derived from it (GZDoom, Skulltag), Vavoom, and Eternity all have a console and the summon command. I'm not sure about other ports.

Demon names may vary between ports; however. Vavoom uses the same names as ZDoom/GZDoom/Skulltag, but Eternity has different names for some many objects. For example, a barrel is an ExplosiveBarrel in ZDoom but a DoomBarrel in Eternity. The shotgun zombie is a ShotgunGuy in ZDoom, but a sergeant in Eternity. The mancubus is a Fatso or a Mancubus. And so on.

Refer to the port's documentation to know which names are used.

http://doom.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Source_ports

Young Cyberdemon said:

Remember i do have the 1994 DOS version of Doom 2, so it might not be possible.

One day we'll all be remembering this statement and laughing at it together.

Maes said:

One day we'll all be remembering this statement and laughing at it together.

what??
anyway, i went on zdoom and nothing worked. doom2 nor the ultimat doom. though one problem could be the way i go on the old DOS doom 2, install, go through everything but overwrite nothing, and press save changes and play doom II.
any suggesetions?

I love summoning monsters in ZDoom / GZDoom. Sometimes I'll play through some levels summoning friendly monsters (summonfriend cyberdemon, marinechaingun, archvile, etc). It's actually kinda funny summoning a friendly Archvile in Ultimate Doom. You can't see him, but you know he's around when you hear monsters suddenly being blown up **.

...Again with the censored X+D thing

Young Cyberdemon said:

what??
anyway, i went on zdoom and nothing worked. doom2 nor the ultimat doom. though one problem could be the way i go on the old DOS doom 2, install, go through everything but overwrite nothing, and press save changes and play doom II.
any suggesetions?

Wow. Uh, okay, try this. Find the folder where you've installed Doom 2. It'll probably be C:\Doom2, if C: is your hard drive. Inside this folder is a file called "doom2.wad". Copy this file. Now, download ZDoom, and put all the files from inside of the downloaded .zip file into the same folder. (It can be any folder - it's your choice.) Paste the "doom2.wad" file into this folder. Now, double-click "ZDoom.exe". It should work.

woo thanks it works!
ok, now i'm on, all i want to know is all the cheats i can do on this.
i already know summon and summonfriend and fly. could you tell me:

1. how to fly and look up and down so i can fly up and down
2. make my own maps
3. multiplayer

and anything else that is cool.

PS i do not have a multiplayer option on the main menu, because i have an old version.

Thanks

Freeze can be fun to play around with.

The ZDoom wiki probably has a list of console commands in it. Asking people on forums for information you're looking for can be a great resource, but searching the interwebs yourself can probably yield more relevant results for what you're looking for!

Creaphis said:

Paste the "doom2.wad" file into this folder.

And "doom.wad" for Ultimate Doom as well. Now when you start ZDoom, you get a little screen asking you which IWAD you want to play.

There's a lot of games you can play with ZDoom. If you don't have the commercial ones (TNT, Plutonia, Heretic, Hexen...) you can still grab the free ones such as Chex Quest 3, Action Doom 2, and Harmony.

Young Cyberdemon said:

1. how to fly and look up and down so i can fly up and down

Enable mouse look. It's in the options.

The closest thing to cheating without cheating is playing legitly on skill 1, where you're given twice the ammo and take half the damage.

Be a man and play on I'm too young to die!

myk said:

The closest thing to cheating without cheating is playing legitly on skill 1, where you're given twice the ammo and take half the damage.

Be a man and play on I'm too young to die!

If you play without strafing, ITYTD is almost balanced.

Oh no, my skulltag isnt working at all. It says some critical error about PWADS and aborts. I know i must be a bit of a noob asking like this all the time, though i did come on this forum to find new tings about doom, so does anyone have a solution the this problem? Thanks.

Skulltag will not work with a shareware version of a ZDoom-supported game.

All the cheats i know:
Noclip
Fly
Summon (monster name)/Summonfriend (monster name)
Freeze
Notarget
kill monsters
kill
MDK