Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Shanoa

Searching a particular kind of MIDI

Recently a project idea popped in my mind. My little project will be a possibly 3 level mapset for Skulltag set in a snowy environment. I'll give more detail on that as it progress. Anyway here's the odd question, is there anyone who knows of a mapset that contains a midi that would fit for a snowy environment? My first idea was to use stewboy's ''Edge'' midi but i feel it wouldn't fit with the whole theme of my project.

Its hard to explain my demand but i think some of you might understand what i mean and i don't want to use a MP3 unless i'm desperate enough.

P.S. Not sure if the topic belongs here. Feel free to move it if needed.

EDIT: Here's an example of the of music i'm searching that i think would fit well clicky

Thanks to whoever moved it.

@DRM: Just checked but seems the author recently updated the version and the songs became too joyful and happy. |:

You could just use the actual Final Fantasy music you linked in the OP yourself, you know. Skulltag and the rest of the ZDoom family support the .SPC music format used by SNES games.

Heretic's E2M4: The Ice Grotto (MUS_E2M4) is a decent 'icey' styled song. A little tacky though.

Also the track used for Heretic's E2 Secret level: "The Glacier" (MUS_E2M9) could suffice for this style too

printz said:

I'd use them in Heretic maps however.

Well sometime in megawad there's Heretic music so i might as well check them out.

@mammajamma: I'd like to but the song doesn't last long enough and it could be annoying to listen after a while especially if it keeps relooping.

Meh, looked up some midi versions of the ff6 dark world music, and the organ synth all sucked imo. The one on this page is about representative of them. I also remembered there being a snow temple in tloz; majora's mask, and it's actually pretty much what you were looking for, but the midis sound nothing like the in-game sound (In-game here). A good one with actually good midis would be the forest temple from oot (check here). Check flume and tawfret from jet force gemini on there too, they could be good.

Basically just take a day you have a few hours and browse through old games you remember having music that'll possibly fit on that site. That, laurasmidiheaven, and thehylia all have a huge amount of midis, and there're some keepers in all that trash.