Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Skeletor

Aliens vs. Predator

Anyone excited for this? I didn't know it was even in development until Steam had a "front page" for it. I loved playing marine in the first AvP. Lots of fun. I loved the tense feeling of seeing the white dots and the *ping* sound get faster and louder as the aliens draw near.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJgdU_S5U-U

I'll certainly play it, although it's not on my watch list. At this point the whole 'futuristic space marine' thing is a bit played out. Which is sad, since Alien kind of started the trend. Same thing with the new Wolfenstein I guess. I did enjoy the original, although I preferred the Aliens, although the Marines campaign did get pretty tense at times. I downloaded the original off steam a few days ago and tried playing it again but I had a problem with the game playing too damn fast. Not bragging, but I've gotten two new computers since I first played it, and it's hard playing at mach speed, but I do have fond memories of devouring civilians heads and crapping my pants as soon as I saw a face-hugger.

Definitely. I've always had a soft spot for AvP - and very fond memories of the first game, which was very atmospheric and scary back then, getting lost in the dark corridors and crapping myself in fear several times. I just hope the new game isn't as linear and staged as the second one (or any other modern shooter for that matter).

spank said:

They did make the 1999 original - a very remarkable game.

Quite. Along with the aforementioned Jaguar game.

Meh, the trailer didn't do so much for me. I only played the Atari Jaguar version of Aliens vs Predator. I loved that one, altough I never finished it with the marines.

The original game for PC was one of my favorites back in the day. I have a lot of good memories with it, such as me and a friend playing it together in singeplayer since we both had terrible internet connections. I still wish more games had a dedicated skirmish mode when you want to waste thousands of enemies.

I have high hopes for this game, but Rebellion's track record is so schizophrenic it's impossible to say just how good the game will be. It certainly looks to be violent but it takes more than that to make a good game.

I've also have good childhood memories of Aliens vs. Predator(1999) game for the PC as it use to scare the crap out me O_o

Trailer looks promising so I might consider trying it out.

Has anyone ever tried it on multiplayer? It felt pretty weird when I did back then. Seemed somewhat unbalanced, the Predator had a clear advantage over the other races, but Marines vs Aliens sort of worked.
As for AvP (PC) in general, everybody should at least play it once for the Alien mode, it's a very unique gaming experience.

Edit: I've just played some AvP Classic 2000 (Steam) for a nostalgia fix and, oh my, the game sure looks dated. Didn't remember the level design to be this poor...

The original AVP still stands as the game that scared me the most. Well tbh, Doom probably equals it, but the original AVP was amazing.

I don't know, this game could either go 2 ways. Either it will be the new standard of awesome, or it will be all eye candy and no substance. Remains to be seen.

The trailer looks pretty cool tho.

The 2000 AVP game was one of the first we got on our first PC, it ran OK on a 4 meg graphics card!

My brother used to keep biting dead bodies so there was blood everywhere, took a screenshot and then printed it, though. He had a folder labelled "print's" with loads of gory shots from the game that wasted all the printer ink (we knew nothing about computers so getting the thing to work at all had been hard enough, i was dreading having to replace cartridges). The twat. I think i once prized out the printscreen key and hid it!

Oh and he also used to think it was amazingly funny to start the game and then replace the CD with the GTA London one so he'd be running around with bizarre 60's music playing. The twat. I think i hid the GTA London CD too.

doom 3 clone.

I don't really care for modern games anymore. it 'looks' cool but im not interested in playing it. Or paying for it for that matter.