Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
zed044

zvox.cfg (zdoom error)

yea it said this cannont be loaded...zdoom didnt have any immediate errors, but when i loaded up my .wad it locked up...actually it just locks up after like 2 mins...ALSO i did d.l. the real zdoom + the zdoomDOS and ran zdoomDOS in DOS....

Is this because of zvox.cfg or because of somthing else?

PS. i used WINDEU to make my .wad and thats what i had zdoom load (zdoomdos on my old comp)...i bought doom when if first came out and just got back into it =)

The DOS version does not support MUS/MIDI or joystick. "vox" is a sound reference I think=as it says, it does not support mus/midi so you get an error, probable if you have a file called zvox.wad in your zdoom directory, zdoom will load it automatically. AFAIK, and judging by the name, it is intended for use as a voices wad.

There is a minor problem with this that Randy is aware of. He explained that Doom2.wad contains a bizarre lowercase y font character that looks like an "I". Randy got round zdoom using this character by making zdoom ignore the extra y character if doom2.wad was the second wad loaded (which it is, after zdoom.wad on normal startup). If you use a zvox.wad, Doom2.wad becomes the 3rd wad loaded and messages using the small fonts start to look odd. Eg you get asked about Displai options, or asked to hit I or N to quit.

OK thanks, but does anyone know why it locks up and how to fix it.

OH yea how do i run a different .wad file with BOOM or DOOM?
because if this zdoom is gonna lock up, i need somthing else to run my wads...thanks again

i have the latest version of zdoom for DOS and win32...And i just d.l.'ed that zdaemon thing...its only for multiplayer...wtf? i'm looking for single player stuff...

How can you play online if you dont know anyone's comp internet address anways????? i've never tried multiplayer...

How can you play online if you dont know anyone's comp internet address anways????? i've never tried multiplayer...

If you got a 56k, don't. Multiplayer Doom just about requires a high-speed connection (DSL, Cable, T1, etc.).

well...im on my new comp.(cable) now,(but i play doom on my 56k when i'm bored...it doesnt even have internet), so how do get to join games? Is there some easy way to play without knowing some ones personal IP? Like some battle.net version for DOOM..sorry, i'm a newb to DOOM on the internet.