Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Chubzdoomer

Monster-Triggered Walkover Lines? [SOLVED]

Just a real quick, simple question:
Is it possible to create walkover lines that can be triggered by monsters rather than the player? I've attempted to do this in Doom Builder 2 with the "ZDoom (Doom in Hexen format)" configuration, but I've had no luck what-so-ever. I can't seem to figure this one out for the life of me! Is this perhaps something only possible in Hexen at the moment?

Thanks for any assistance. I would really love to be able to implement this for many reasons.

Depends. This adds monster activation to the default type. If you want a monster only line you have to set it in the 'Trigger' box at the bottom.

Kappes Buur said:

Probably this is what you are looking for

Thanks for the suggestion. Due to my astounding idiocy, the problem was never there all along. You see, I'd been using this method before (what you have in the screenshot), but it wasn't working during my previous attempts. The problem was that all my previous tests consisted of executing a void script containing a very simple "Print" statement. Little did I know, Print displays the message only on the activator's screen. (The monster, in this scenario.) Instead, you must use PrintBold to have the message displayed on all players' screens. Now that I've tested the same scenario with PrintBold, I do indeed see the message when the monster crosses the line I've drawn across the room.

Christ, I feel like an idiot. I'm sure not making a very good "comeback" here at DoomWorld, am I? Two doofus threads in a row. Sorry to waste your folks' time. Thanks again for the assistance.