Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gez

ZDoom 2.4.1 released

Bastet Furry said:

I thought it was planned because FMod sucks? o.O

It's more like FMOD Ex is the only audio library available that doesn't suck. SDL_Mixer is simply horrible, Allegro is a joke that's not funny anymore, OpenAL isn't too bad doesn't support as many formats and functions as FMOD Ex does. Moving to OpenAL requires dropping certain functionalities so it's out of question.

Someone was working on a library system that'd allow to use either OpenAL or FMOD Ex, but there hasn't been update in a while.

I wanted to play Harmony with the new zDooM so I did as it says in the Harmony text file and loaded the WAD files and DEH file with 2.4.1. I did this by dragging all of them on to my zDooM exe icon. The problem is that the baddies are out of scale and look huge as well as the textures on the doors don't look right. What have I done wrong? Thanks in advance. :)

Gez said:

Another update that might interest some here: a Macintosh build of ZDoom 2.4.1 is available now. It's an universal binary, so as long as you have Max OS X v10.4 or newer, it should work.

You don't know how happy that makes me. Now I can play ZPack on my laptop!! Now to learn some cross-platform compiling, do this to GZDoom and Doom Builder 2 (if portable that is), and I'll be able to map on-the-go!!!! Thanks Blzut3!

PFL said:

I wanted to play Harmony with the new zDooM so I did as it says in the Harmony text file and loaded the WAD files and DEH file with 2.4.1. I did this by dragging all of them on to my zDooM exe icon. The problem is that the baddies are out of scale and look huge as well as the textures on the doors don't look right. What have I done wrong? Thanks in advance. :)

Get the updated version which isn't such a mess to use.

Thanks guys! I didn't know there was an update - what a difference being able to properly play it with a controller. You've made me very happy.:)

Just another quick questtion: Is there an Amiga OS build of 2.4.1, at all? I've had a look around but haven't found word one way or another. :)

Doom64Marine said:

about time this got an update...

Yes....three months ago, and you've bumped it to tell us that you care.

:-\

Doom64Marine said:

about time this got an update...

Grab the SVN if you really want the newest of the new versions.