Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Horror

First map?

This is my first actual map I was working on so I am pretty new but I wanted to post some screens to get some feedback on how it looks. Its called Shotgun Manor. Tell what you guys think

DuckReconMajor said:

Looks pretty good. But why does that silver box thing have a door texture on it?

Maybe it's a refrigerator.

DuckReconMajor said:

Looks pretty good. But why does that silver box thing have a door texture on it?

wow...............

Looks great. Reminds me of this one creepy wad where you walk around in a rundown town with demonic clowns and deformed flying faces constantly trying to kill you.
But the rooms and the furniture look like a cyberdemon would live in there. I wonder how many tasty dead marines would fit into this gigantic refrigerator. (=

Well there have been, what, 3 or 4 posts about the refrigerator so far in this thread.

So that would surely make it the most famous refrigerator ever put into a Doom level.

Quite an achievement, that.

I might have to play this level soon.

The bookcase in screenshot two appears to lack depth.

DuckReconMajor said:

Oh that's a kitchen. I saw the wooden chair/table and assumed office.

That "table" is a butcher block, every good kitchen has one. :P

I like the general look of the map. One suggestion that comes right to mind though is to change the flat in the kitchen to something other then flat20. That flat usually doesn't look very good when it is stretched over large surfaces IMO.

I can change that! Yeah Some of the architecture might be questionable. I am just starting to learn how to make "good" looking sectors and stuff like that. I thought the mood of the level turned out good though. Oh and sorry for not quoting about the bookshelf but there is depth, In the screenshot I just took it of the front :P
And I expect it to be out maybe by the end of the day or this weekend. (I made a door to the fridge thats wedged open and I fit about 3 marines in there ;D) Heresa few more pics