Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wolf739

Looking for a certain scripting language

What I'm looking for is a scripting language that will let my WAD work with zDoom and will also make these following commands work

- ambushes, such as enemies spawning to places just before you get there
(used multiple times in a level)

- weapon modification, to make the shotgun turn into a secondary pistol and the BFG 9000 turn into an assault rifle, and so on (I mean along the lines of firing types, not sprites)

- enemy modification, such as weapons they have, again along the lines of firing type, and their AI such as taking cover(if at all possible)

ZDoom has some things that might work for you:

ACS Scripting: this is an import from Hexen that has a lot of flexibility and new features. This can allow for scripted events, monster closets, etc. Perfect for your mapping needs. You can make those ambushes here

DECORATE: this alows for custom actors. Can make custom weapons, monsters and decorations as well as other cool shit. Don't go overboard. You can modify existing monster and weapon behavior. Making enemies that cover might be difficult, but you could also use ACS for that.

Enemies taking cover: you might be able to script that with ACS, but it'll have to be enemy-specific and map-specific and fine-tuning will be quite tedious. I wouldn't recommend you to try that, at least not as long as you acquire more experience with these languages.

Thanks everyone, The project I'm working on is more of a free-roaming doom game, sounds weird but I'm trying something new, It will be completely my own resources so it will be legal for an Iwad and will be a stand alone mod. The game won't even be doom, It will be a completely different game

Sounds like fun, can't wait to see what comes of this! Good Luck.

I might just make it a Doom game, then later evolve it to my own theme, then stand alone game, depends on how many people want to play it...