Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Walter confetti

speedmapping for heretic? RELEASED IN IDGAMES (check last page)

hello dear guys\girls, i just want to asking you about a speedmapping session based upon heretic. Gameplay is for SP and the timeline is trough the 24 hours of tomorrow...

told me what do you think...

whatever, just for take a look, a dead old speed mapping session done by me long ago on zdoom forums, there's also a little map:

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=22686

oh well, i don't think to found some people working on this... i'll see to make something too...

time of central europe is 3.33 am, i just finished my second speedmapping stuff and i t was done in 3 hours, title "marble fortress":

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/20684420/speedmap2.wad

added also a fixed version of "prision":

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/20684422/sppedmap.zip

now i am going to sleep, tommorow i'll pack up the stuff... good night...

it's nice to see about all your interest about this project! About another speedmap isn't a remote idea, since the sucess this first one got.
Now i am going to download the magicsofa map, and packing up the maps...

I hope this is not limit removing but zdoom?...
if not i can change the map so its limit removing again... and what about custom textures?

Fenriswolf said:

I hope this is not limit removing but zdoom?...
if not i can change the map so its limit removing again... and what about custom textures?

Your aware that the second map header for the second map in your was is accidently named "ss_end"?

i originally wanted to create two maps but then i noticed there was not enough time so i simply deleted the second map out of my wad file via xwe.

Fenriswolf said:

i originally wanted to create two maps but then i noticed there was not enough time so i simply deleted the second map out of my wad file via xwe.

Indeed, the ammount of unused graphics and ZDoom stuff in the wad indicates that you seemed to run out of time :p

The map is still there as you didn't delete anything other than the header (which is all XWE displays when you select to display only maps).

sorry, it was the first time i tried to do something for a speedmapping contest at all (and the first time i did anything except e4m6 for the htc) so i did not know how much time i would need. if you want, i can delete the unused stuff or at least try to do so :D

EDIT: ok, i uploaded a new version without the unused stuff (link above)

No problem, i just fixed the missing map when i pack the episode...

And don't worry about the port you used, this was just an exercise and personally i don't think than someone did something for this one...

whatever the next time i will see to add more rules...

in the meanwhile, enjoy the alpha:

http://wadhost.fathax.com/files/v-hsms1-ALPHA1.zip

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/20692443/v-hsms1.txt (fixed textfile)

[E1M1] A very small castle: fixed a missing linedef.
[E1M2] The forgotten pyramid: fixed some sector glitches i found, erased the corrupted second map. (is the old version o
[E1M3] Marble fortress: added some ammo in the SE mountain place, ddeaf the red imps
[E1M4] Prision: fixed a missing linedef, changed the malotaur with anubis (just a question... from where it comes out?)
[E1M5] Weird: fixed the missing wall on the final battle with malotaur... for the rest is ok.

told me what do you think... bye.

changed the malotaur with anubis (just a question... from where it comes out?)

hehe, Is this the same anubis i included in the decorate script of the old version of the forgotten pyraid? :D if it is, i think it was a bit over-powered and it might be stronger then a maulotaur... ;)

EDIT:
Okay, i tested the alpha... seemed like you edited some parts of my map, but i have a few questions:

- you build some crossbars in the hallway with the ceiling trap that leads to the final room... but i didnt manage to get through and didnt found a switch or anything ^^
So how am i supposed to get through the crossbars?

- there where two HOMs that - as far as i know - were not there before (one in the left chamber of the yellow-key-room and one at the lift to the final switch)

- my map is too easy if you finished e1m1 before, because you get a lot of weapons and ammunition before and it was created to be played with a wand start. so you could either make it the first map OR i can try to make it a bit more difficult (add a few monsters).

- you used the "old" edition of my map with unused stuff in the wad file. for exampel i replaced the graphics of the firemace and the dragonclaw, which both cannot be found in my map. of course you can keep those graphics but I'm not sure if the other authors agree, too (its the same thing with the replaced metal/switch texture and the skill levels). You can keep all of it if you like but lets see what the others think of it ;)

But all in all, the alpha was all fine and fun to play ;) we should do projects like this more often in the future. maybe we are able to create a whole episode :)

yes, is the same monster... whatever:

- the crossbars will be opened switching the wall beyond the crossbow, next i will made a more visible stuff.

- sorry, i'll fix them.

walter confalonieri said:

[E1M1]A very small castle: fixed a missing linedef.

Thanks I thought I missed something after I finish the map.

Fenriswolf said:

- my map is too easy if you finished e1m1 before, because you get a lot of weapons and ammunition before and it was created to be played with a wand start. so you could either make it the first map OR i can try to make it a bit more difficult (add a few monsters).

Alternatively you could just use the Warp map cheat code(engage##) to wand start.

yeah starting from scratch is customary on these kinds of wads because there can be no real guarantee for continuity

But I'm still wondering how the two HOMs got into the map after i have deleted them before uploading...
Did you delete them or shall I do it?

As for the wand start: I dont know but cheating might not be the best way. But i think there is a MAPINFO command for the wand start, am I right?

as i said before, i'm working on the beta, and this just was a prewiev of the final stuff.

And yes, somebody can give me a good name for this project?

http://wadhost.fathax.com/files/v-hsms1.zip

FIXED TEXTURE BUG: http://wadhost.fathax.com/files/v-hsms1-TEXTURE_FIXED.zip

First beta, if all goes good it could be possibly upload it on incoming folder...

whatever main change is a better (?) organization of the pack, so the new level list is based upon a crescent degree of difficulty of episode and added an "Egypt" sky from Necrodome Textures

[E1M1] The forgotten pyramid: fixed the bug of first build, add few more ammo. Modified title in "The forgotten pyramid - shrine of ra", add the new version of the wad with fixed decorate stuff
[E1M2] A very small castle: still the same map, just switched with e1m1
[E1M3] Marble fortress: still the same map
[E1M4] Weird: switched with e1m4
[E1M5] Prison: changed the anubis with the old malotaur, added a new music from hexen (GROVER.MUS)

okay, I played through the whole new version and the gameplay feels better with the switched first two maps. two texture bugs were removed but there are still 2 little problems:
- if you are in the yellow-key room and go to the right door, a crusher is activated when you step on the tile on the floor. if you manage to get out of this trap and look back into the room, the coming down wall has a big HOM.
- it is still dificult to find out that you have to "activate" the anubis wall-drawing in order to remove the crossbars.

The new sky looks good but maybe the pyraids should be lowered a bit (not THAT important :D)..., because escpecially on e1m3 and e1m4 you are able to see a lot of "blacknes" in the sky. but as i said, no real big problem ;)

You can call mine "Fire and Ice" since that is the theme...I didn't mean weird as the title :)

Warping to the level you're about to play is not cheating. Even so, it's not like you're giving yourself an advantage...

Well I finally had the chance to actually playtest these maps and from start to finish on normal difficulty, they play well. However I notice this on my map:

Because of the custom textures, this brown metal makes the room weird(including the switches). Wouldn't be better to just not replace the stock textures so other maps wont get affected like that?

Also there's a hom on the smashing ceiling trap on E1M1.

edit: Forgot to mention this but the sky definitely needs to be fix.

i know it, phil, btw i'll see to fix them today... and maybe upload it all on /incoming when i finish it this evening..

final version: http://wadhost.fathax.com/files/v-hsms1_0.zip

major bugs are been fixed in e1m1, changed the metal brick and hexen switch with new textures, added a animdefs lump for new switch, added d'sparil trap on e1m5, sky has been fixed, also added a information textile with more stuff about map stuff...

Oh goody...too bad I can't download yet it til Friday cause I'm using my father's crappy computer -_-;