Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guiddqd

Plutonia 2 Demos [-complevel 4]

MAP02 Tyson - this will end my spamming for a while...

I'd like to quote my textfile

This time is just about 2 times slower than one from Luke Annett's TAS demo.
I skip the chainsaw and save the blur sphere for the yellow key ambush.
The most notable part is between 3:30 and 3:55. I watched my own demo
and could not believe my eyes. How come i did survive THAT?

So I gladly present this demo. My second best time was 12:53 - also good,
but with no such moments...

p2021237.zip

Wheeew! Nice to see what's going on in here.

I've just been on holiday for a few weeks and then there's so much activity in this thread of my very most favorite megawad.

Nice work on map01 skepticist. I managed that even a little below 2:00 with much effort one time, but 1:34 is just incredible.
So you see dew, this is your man for a maxing of 17-18-20. I'm just too bad for Gusta's maps at all.

And thanks to vdgg for acquiring my taste for tyson demos. They aren't so boring I exposed first. I watched them all with great pleasure! Many breathtaking moments in there, especially in your last map02 run.
z0diac's tyson on map10 is also worth to see. I wish I could do that precise monster infight action to happen in my max-run tries.

Bloodite Krypto said:

Plutonia II - MAP07 - Enemy Caught - UV -fast in 6:12

Small experiment I conducted one evening, potential for improvement.

Zip file is broken for some reason, is this just my computer or is the file corrupt?

Gauging from the file properties in 7-Zip, I'm guessing it's not a normal, PKZIP-compatible, ZIP file. 7-Zip opens and unpacks it.

Looks like a RAR file. Anyway, since demo attachments here are meant to be ZIP format (and not just with a zip extension), I have reattached it as a zip. And while I was at it, I standardized the file name too.

ok, i will continue with the fail combo.. here's a little experiment that was ALMOST a success. plutonia2 map07 failed pacifist. :) it's a bit over 6 minutes long, so don't expect fun.

p207pxxx.zip

myk said:

Gauging from the file properties in 7-Zip, I'm guessing it's not a normal, PKZIP-compatible, ZIP file. 7-Zip opens and unpacks it.

Thanks.

Grazza said:
I have reattached it as a zip. And while I was at it, I standardized the file name too.

Ah thank you Grazza, lesson learnt.

Hey, is there any global page for all pl2 demos in some easy-to-see form? I'm just too lazy going through every single page and looking for one single demo... plus newest record for current map... thanks

Thanks again...

I got this christmas mood to turn on doom after some time and kill some monsters so i recorded p222 in 0:36. It still can be improved for at least 4-5 secs i think.

Btw. is there any possible to somehow disable those "blind starts"?

p222-036.zip

great demos. finally someone challenged the crappy demos from the end of my pl2 crusade, i was getting sloppy by that time. :) anyways, i was messing with pl2 ep1 and i finally got to optimize another map... or did i

map08 UV-speed in 0:10

p208-010.zip

awesome dew, you did it at last!

Although rushing this fantastic map is still kind of absurd for me because of its beauty, but that's not the point right here, so whatever .. really great work! I know how hard you tried :)

I also enjoyed _MethoD_'s and Archy's demos. Very impressive!

Keep going, guys .. you really rule this game

dew: First time watching that, I asked out loud: "How the f___ did you do that?" (Referring to the walk-on-air you pull off using the door ledge.)

The second time... Couldn't believe my eyes, watching it from a slight distance on WalkCam.

The third time, I simply grinned as I watched you not only defy the laws of physics, but made it look DAMN GOOD.

dew said: (in one of his p217 UV Speed textfiles)
I hope someone does a good max, it's sure to look much more entertaining.

Me too, and MAP13 as well! Well, to encourage the society - here's my max. It is ugly, but at least, after long deliberations, I have chosen a route which seems pretty good. So: suggestions regarding improvements are welcome, faster demos are even more welcome.

p2171433.zip

Okuplok said:

map 20, uv-max 7:28

Demo of the year?

Words fail me. I think I should finish what I wanna finish and stop recording... (Normally I'm nit-picking when there's not 100% kills, but in this case I'll stay quiet. Maybe Gusta will say sth about these 4 monsters). Big Congrats, Okuplok!

finally! i hate how you keep your awesome, almost flawless demos at youtube, it's so hard to keep track of your stuff, and tendamonsta's... and both of you provide GREAT stuff lately.
i command you to supply us with more of this sweetness. :)

Excellent demo! All great strategies used in one heroic run, I loved it :)
I am sorry for those 4 PEs, they are impossible to teleport in because their teleport lines are marked as "Block Enemies", that was my stupid fault :-/
So as all monsters possible to be killed are really dead, this demo counts as valid UV-max.
vdgg, your demo for map17 is also great, well planned route, good ammo usage, defintitely not any ugly demo as you wrote :)

Wouldn't Pl2's bugs be fixed any more? I wasn't interested in texture's errors or something, but the situation that some monsters can't be killed or some secret can't be reached should be fixed.

MAP 1 UV-Fast in 2:13

p201f213.zip

I am out of it. Once I realized that I can never do it perfectly, I lost all my motivation to take responsibility for doing re-release. That was long time ago, nowadays I don´t really think about it so much. If somebody want to fix some bugs and make a re-release, no problem, but I don´t think that it´s absolutely necessary. (according to Joshy´s words: imperfection has its charm :)
I would simply record demos on the wad as it is.
and nice demo tatsurd btw :-)

Gusta said:

I would simply record demos on the wad as it is.

DAMN RIGHT! i want a steady stream of nutritious maxes. :)