Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NightmareZer0

Modern Warfare 2

Mr. Freeze said:

Fixed your link for you. ;)

So, how excited are you about a new Call of Duty game every year, possibly with a monthly subscription plan attached: very excited, super excited, or very super excited?

I hope they were being sarcastic.

DuckReconMajor said:

I got it for $60. It comes with Call of Duty Classic, concept art book, and a steel game case that I like to hug.

So, yeah, you're wrong.

You bought the game twice. That makes you wrong, oh so wrong.

And on the topic of paying Monthly for an FPS, there is no way that will work. If Activision does do this for a crappy CoD that's supposed to take place in Vietnam, if they do get enough 12 year olds (who also seem to think "LOL MW2 HAS MARIJUANA IN IT I ARE TEH PUT "BLUNT TRAUMA" IN MEH CALLSIGN CUZ I R COOUL!! LOL!") to support it, they won't last long at all. The community won't stand for that shit, and Activision will be boycotted or something similar.

Nuxius said:

I hope they were being sarcastic.

This is Game Informer we're talking about. They're not only being serious about it, but they were probably sucking off Bobby Kotick when they wrote that article.

Nems said:

This is Game Informer we're talking about. They're not only being serious about it, but they were probably sucking off Bobby Kotick when they wrote that article.

No... no that's not possible... is it? No... are they that stupid?

Ninjalah said:

You bought the game twice. That makes you wrong, oh so wrong.

I see you have Doom for XBLA. I guess you didn't buy it for PC because you already had it once and to buy it for PC would be a waste of money.

I got it on PC (never had a console and never will).

One question for the "consolers", how good you control it without a mouse? Unless you can plug a mouse in there, It must require some form of assistance to aim properly with a pad? If yes, how close it is to aimbot/cheat?

Finally, how good are the 2 players spec-ops? I am curious how they are if they are really worth it. I would like to try it with someone.

PS : btw I didnt buy it, it was a present.

DuckReconMajor said:

I see you have Doom for XBLA. I guess you didn't buy it for PC because you already had it once and to buy it for PC would be a waste of money.

It only makes you wrong because Modern Warfare doesn't deserve to be bought twice. I bought Doom twice, and I'm going to buy Doom 2 again for XBLA, because it deserves it.

@VinceDSS: The aiming is OK once you get used to it, but it will take you a bit. There IS aim-assist, and your cursor just slows down a little bit.

And the Spec-Ops sounded like a great idea, but I never play them. As a friend of mine once said, "If you like Spec-Ops, you are going to hate multiplayer. If you like multiplayer, you are most likely going to hate Spec-Ops." It's usually true. But they do get boring after a couple plays, and I haven't touched them for a loooooong time.

VinceDSS said:

One question for the "consolers", how good you control it without a mouse?

Not very well. This is a question that rages across the internet all the time, but there are plenty of people who are willing to give up mouse control to play on console.

That said, the 360 controller is better with FPS games than the PS3 (part of the reason I have both versions).

VinceDSS said:

If yes, how close it is to aimbot/cheat?

In single player, if your crosshairs are near an enemy and you aim down the sights, it will aim at that enemy. It will often aim at parts of the target that are behind cover, and it will not follow a moving target, but in frantic close encounter twitch situations, it does make things easier.

There is no aim assistance in multiplayer.

VinceDSS said:

Finally, how good are the 2 players spec-ops? I am curious how they are if they are really worth it. I would like to try it with someone.

I think it is a lot of fun. Many people say it's the best part of the game.

Guest DILDOMASTER666
DuckReconMajor said:

That said, the 360 controller is better with FPS games than the PS3 [controller]

Analog Extender on my right stick, some weird grip thing on the left, and "Extended" Triggers for L2 and R2. I don't know what I would ever do without the triggers, to be quite honest.

I honestly think this is the best FPS controller ever (if keyboard/mouse is not viable). But a stock PS3 controller? God no, you're absolutely right.

Also, on a side-note, notice my headset on the right. It is amazing; a Triton AX-180. Picked it up for about 60$ at Best Buy; picks up game audio through the headphones as well as voice and works for PS3 and 360. Get one ASAP if you have the money.

DuckReconMajor said:

That said, the 360 controller is better with FPS games than the PS3

From what I understand, they remain lame compared to the mouse/keyboard combo.

Fisk said:

Also, on a side-note, notice my headset on the right. It is amazing; a Triton AX-180. Picked it up for about 60$ at Best Buy; picks up game audio through the headphones as well as voice and works for PS3 and 360. Get one ASAP if you have the money.

Thanks for the tip, but one question. How easy is it to turn the mic off and on? That was a major reason I picked up the 360 one. PS3 voice is horrible. Aside from everyone breathing into their crappy Bluetooth headsets, the game audio often bounces back and forth from headset to headset. I also didn't like having to keep my voice down so I wouldn't say something embarrassing into my own headset.

Also, I might consider picking up one of those analog extenders.

Oh, and I assume you switched the triggers?

VinceDSS said:

From what I understand, they remain lame compared to the mouse/keyboard combo.

Yeah I mentioned that.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

The mic mute is a switch, just like on the Xbox 360 microphones. Also notably, the AX-180 works as plain old headphones for just about anything that accepts a 3.5" jack, as long as the USB port for the headset is plugged in... Pretty nifty for listening to music during a game.

These are the triggers I added onto my controller.

I would break out my XB1 controllers for (G)ZDoom or something. Those things were boss playing Halo, Unreal II, and Jedi Academy.

I would SO also try DFII with those.

Fisk said:

These are the triggers I added onto my controller.

Nah I meant that by default the R1 and L1 buttons are fire and ADS, and unless you are seriously addicted to grenades, I'm assuming you switched ADS/fire to L2/R2.

Guest DILDOMASTER666
DuckReconMajor said:

Nah I meant that by default the R1 and L1 buttons are fire and ADS, and unless you are seriously addicted to grenades, I'm assuming you switched ADS/fire to L2/R2.

Oh, heh, yeah. I swapped my triggers to L2/R2 for ADS/fire :P

A friend of mine finally convinced me to get this game for PC.

uggggggggggggggghhhhhhh...

Started playing the singleplayer. This is the most ridiculous republican, 'patriotic,' pro-war shit I've ever played. This game goes out of it's way to demonize 'the terrorists' and everything that challenges the 'American freedom.' Even just the opening cutscene also tells me that they didn't hire any good writers for this crap either. And fuck multiplayer with a rake.

This game is nothing but anti-muslim propaganda. I can't believe I paid for this crap.

... at least there's weed in the game :S

Guest DILDOMASTER666
DuckReconMajor said:

Alright Fisky, moar questions:

I think I found the analog extenders you have there, but I don't see the little Z pattern you have on yours. Does that come with it? Also, the SpeedFreek seems to be for games where you only go left and right on the sticks (like racing games). Do you really feel any benefit from having that there?

Yeah, those are "basically" the ones I have, except mine are a different brand, whose name I forget. I have a friend who has those exact extenders, and they feel exactly the same except for the slight difference in grip along the top surface of the extender. IMO, his are better than my off-brand ones ;)

I'm not really sure how you'd feel about the SpeedFreek grip thingies personally. They cause a slight bit of irritation on my left thumb after prolonged use (excess of two hours of play), and really there's not a whole lot of benefit. I wouldn't use an extender on my left stick either, though... A bare left analog is probably best.

Patrick said:

Started playing the singleplayer. This is the most ridiculous republican, 'patriotic,' pro-war shit I've ever played. This game goes out of it's way to demonize 'the terrorists' and everything that challenges the 'American freedom.' Even just the opening cutscene also tells me that they didn't hire any good writers for this crap either. And fuck multiplayer with a rake.

This game is nothing but anti-muslim propaganda. I can't believe I paid for this crap.

Modern Warfare 2 is anti-muslim? I think you got that mixed up with Call of Duty 4.

Patrick said:

Spoiler

Yeah man way to play 5 minutes into the story and make an informed statement about it. Ever consider the "severe ridiculous republican, 'patriotic,' pro-war" shit" was supposed to make you feel uneasy? Of course not, because everything is always as it seems and nothing ever written has any plot twists ever. No the writing in MW2 is not great. I'm not sure I'd even classify it as "very good". But when it comes to giving something a fair chance, that's just pathetic.

Patrick said:

This may be the worst summary of any game I have ever read.

Oh and you equate the terrorrists with Muslims, despite nothing in the game indicating such. Sounds like YOU have a problem.

DuckReconMajor said:

Alright Fisky, moar questions:

I think I found the analog extenders you have there, but I don't see the little Z pattern you have on yours. Does that come with it? Also, the SpeedFreek seems to be for games where you only go left and right on the sticks (like racing games). Do you really feel any benefit from having that there?

The little Z pattern thing is the Universal Geltabs.

Guest DILDOMASTER666
caco_killer said:

The little Z pattern thing is the Universal Geltabs.

That's it, indeed. I guess I am using the same brand of analog extenders and never noticed? :P I got mine from said friend, I suppose he had extras or some shit.

I don't see what's wrong with the regular analog stick. It's never posed a problem for me while playing console shooters.

Sure, but Playstation controllers are far from terrible. In fact I'd say the PS controller is the most comfortable and easy to use controller I know. Probably since it's the exact same layout it's been for years.