Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Devalaous

Leaderboard Greatness

A while back I was in a discussion about XBLA Doom, and mocked about giving any kind of shit about the leaderboards

I played through E1M1 again, since several levels had been done offline, ie, no score had been uploaded. And then, I came upon Phobos Anomaly, a level thats nearly impossible to get 100% kills on. I already had a great score for this, but thought "why not, I'll finish the episode and see if I can kill more of the end guys this time"

So I finish up and see if I did better on the level and the result blew me away:

What an amazing global rank :D

Too bad its for one level and not overall though (for that I'm in the top 4/5/6 thousand, with only the first three episodes done)

Side note: It saddens greatly me how all of my friends with the game just played either the first few levels or Episode 1 then never played it again.

Ragnor said:

Side note: It saddens greatly me how all of my friends with the game just played either the first few levels or Episode 1 then never played it again.

They just don't understand..

That ranking should be an achievement.

I will probably never try to get 100% kills now, unless someone drops me from that amazing rank (I mean come on, Rank 666, in Doom, on PHOBOS ANOMALY, that really should be an achievement :p)

I'm under 1000 in quite a few levels, but I'll never get anywhere really remarkable. I mean really, I cant compete with the nightmare max speedrunners can I?

Aside from that 97/100/100, I have 300% on the first three episodes. I would do Episode 4, but I have never been able to max Perfect Hatred, and even if I do, I need to be able to do E4M2 right after it. Anyone got a video showing how it gets done? (UV run, obviously)

Looking at the rank of your friends, does that mean there's at least ~130k people who bought classic Doom on Xbox ? If so, that's pretty cool.

XBLA Doom sold so well that it got inducted into the Classics range of Arcade games, where most importantly, it gets its price cut. It was the very first Arcade game I bought, obviously ;]

Guest DILDOMASTER666

Mother of fuck, this makes me so angry that Doom isn't on PS3 (that I've seen :( )

That's an odd rank to end up with.:-p

Give Nightmare mode a try sometime; it's really not as bad as most people think.

Ekudeht said:

That's an odd rank to end up with.:-p

Give Nightmare mode a try sometime; it's really not as bad as most people think.

Hey, your the guy at the very top of most of these leaderboards :D

My rank for one of the levels was "6666" ages ago. I think it was even on this same level >_>

I've never been able to play on Nightmare, on any of the Doom games. Its almost like a seperate game altogether

Yes I'm #1 overall and have the #1 spot on a number of maps. Of the 36 maps only 22 warrant competition as the others can max out scores at 15,000. Of the 22 maps people compete on I have #1 on about half of them - 2 of them aren't listed as #1 due to glitched scores; i.e. I have the legit #1 score for e2m2 and e3m2 as the others high scores on those maps are glitch but I won't get into that as it's a random occurrence (e1m5 also has glitched scores for the top 2 spots).

Current Global Rank for XBLA version 1368 :} Thats all levels up to Sever the Wicked completed 100%. STW has 90% secrets that I cant seem to get, and judging by the leaderboards, very few have.

Someone had already usurped my amazing 666 rank for E1M8 :{

Other XBLA related content: I persuaded this girl to get the game, since shes new to the Xbox 360 thing, and she's making me proud by storming through the episodes on UV, where everyone else did just a few levels at a low difficulty. Were even 10 ranks apart on E1M3 :D

I may have converted her to our cause forever.

I should be done with this version today, this thread made me decide to get off my arse and finish the last episode

Update!

I am officially ranked 188th on the Overall Leaderboard now, after beating Episode 4 fully, thats amazing, since I didn't do the usual nightmare 100% speedruns everyone else does. Would have gotten better times on some levels if I remembered exactly where all the secrets and items were (Not to mention hunting down buggy secrets that cant be triggered for quite a while >_>)

This girl may overtake me despite that effort though, shes barely begun, and shes already outranking me on a few levels.